Our client, a cloud-based merchant technology company, is recruiting for a Senior Front-End Engineer to join their team.
Location: Ngong road, Nairobi
Job summary: The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the alignment of web design and user experience requirements, optimizing web pages for maximum efficiency and maintaining brand consistency across all web pages, among other duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research, Design and Develop frontend (web and/or mobile) customer-facing features;
- Write well designed, testable and efficient codes;
- Optimize existing software products to enhance compatibility, responsiveness and user friendliness;
- Lead design sprints and develop the use of cases from research and collected data;;
- Contribute in all phases of software development cycle;
- Enforce data collection from customer facing products/teams and generate reports to enhance informed decision making;
- Create APIs, integrate third party systems via APIs and build interfaces to access the value;
- Design and develop internal tools that enhance day to day operations and increase visibility of customer engagements;
- Implement security and data protection policies on all access points;
- Create product release plans and maintain product design database;
- Continuously prepare and present management reports on feature usage, product release plans and design specs;
- Train customers and/or internal team on product features and any updates/upgrades on existing products;
- Maintain updated knowledge of the development industry and any advancements in technology;
- Identify and troubleshoot various website issues and coding problems;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Requirements & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Web and Mobile design or a related field;
- 4+ years of web application development experience in the front-end space;
- 2+ years of experience building product proto-types;
- 3+ years of experience in using of product design skills using Adobe, HTML and CSS;
- Git mastery, experience in writing tests and integrating CI tools – Bitbucket/gitlab pipelines are our favourite;
- Experience in docker/kubernetes in a plus;
- Mastery of the art of building superior user interfaces, enriching user experiences and someone who gets excited about developing cross-platform applications that create value in the community;
- Strong skills in API design and implementation;
- Intermediate skills in Android platform is a plus. Flutter a bigger plus;
- Knowledge on amazon web services is a plus;
- Good communication skills in speech and writing;
- Analytical thinking skills, entrepreneurial approach to life;
- Creative and disciplined leader;
- Transparent and accountable;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Strong understanding of Human Centred Design and has invested in human psychology.
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 30th August 2019
Correspondence: Detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.