Practical Action has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Officer – Enterprise Development under the Women in Energy Enterprises in Kenya (WEEK) project in the East Africa office.
The Senior Project Officer – Enterprise Development will take lead in the Enterprise Development Services component of the WEEK project and provide enterprise, marketing and financial access technical support to the project in the target counties.
S/he will have the responsibility of line management of business development mentors, including review and approval of work plans and budgets and monthly reports as well as monitoring of the implementation of business development support activities by the project partners.
The Senior Project Officer – Enterprise Development is responsible for:
- Working with Medium, Small and Micro Enterprises (MSMEs) to improve their operations, systems, management, access to finance to stimulate growth and profit by identifying capacity gaps and solutions;
- Undertake business and market access activities including conducting SME value chain analysis and energy market/needs and support development of capacity building strategies, plans and tools
- Take lead in design and delivery of business development services and energy technology training for the entrepreneurs including adapting and developing customized training curricular to address entrepreneur specific capacity needs.
- Support mapping out, development and implementation of strategies to enable MSMEs to access affordable business credit from Business Development Service (BDS) providers including both formal and non-formal financing institutions (including scaling up of the innovative Local Fund Administrator supported VSLA financing model).
- Supervise field activities for a team of business and technology mentors to ensure high performance in delivery of mentorship and related project activities.
An experienced professional, you will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Development, Marketing, or related development discipline.
- Minimum five years’ working experience in similar or related position.
- Experience in delivering integrated business solutions for MSMEs (particularly in energy and productive use, market development and business approaches
- Excellent sales/marketing knowledge and experience in financial operations management and training.
In return, you will get an opportunity to work for an organisation that is making a positive difference to the lives of people worldwide, a friendly and supportive culture, working with values driven and highly engaged colleagues – these are just some of the reasons we think Practical Action is a great place to work.
In addition, we offer the following benefits:
- Work week of 35 hours
- 25 days’ annual leave, in addition to public holidays.
- A pension scheme that new employees join immediately on employment – employer contributes 12.5% of gross salary. Employee contribution is voluntary
- Life assurance (5x annual salary).
How to Apply:
You can access the detailed job profile here: https://practicalaction.org/careers/vacancies/senior-project-officer-enterprise-development-kenya/
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Senior Project Officer – Enterprise Development” so as to reach Practical Action on or before Monday 9th September 2019.
We treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
Practical Action are committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.
The successful applicant must have the pre-existing right to both live and work in Kenya.