Tech For Development – T4D is an international tech consultancy and capacity building firm based in Nairobi Kenya.
Our core business is in design, development, implementation and management of software solutions such as mobile applications, mobile applications for data collection and web-based information systems.
We are also involved in digital content creation and publishing.
We are looking for a digital marketing officer to work in our marketing department who will be responsible for driving online marketing programmes.
Purpose of the Job: Actively contribute to the management and up-keep of the T4D website and social media channels, including production, editing and maintenance of all content and copy alongside supporting and ensuring the delivery of all online projects associated with T4D marketing programme.
Salary Scale: The starting salary for this position is KES 20,000.
- Design, development and delivery of multiple e-marketing tools including the T4D programme website, email, sms/text and social media broadcast platforms, online techniques and packages to support and ensure all T4D related marketing projects and campaigns have the maximum impact and generate positive public and media coverage.
- Design, develop and update the T4D website/content management system/social media platforms to support all marketing activities associated with delivery of the T4D Services.
- Deploy social media in support of T4D Services, products, brands, and marketing programs
- Developing and executing an online customer acquisition plan designed to maximize site traffic and sales demand. These include paid and other search, affiliate programs, partnership marketing/content integration programs, email marketing acquisition and retention programs, newsletters
- Maximizing paid/natural search traffic and order conversion, while meeting cost per acquisition targets.
- Track and measure online advertising programs; designing test strategies and be creative to optimize results to understand T4D‘s effectiveness in terms of social media penetration and impact of social media on T4D reputation and perceptions of leadership and relevance.
- Managing and merchandising the Company website. These activities include visual merchandising, product merchandising, site navigation, transaction processing, onsite promotion management and site analytics.
- Act as the catalyst in moving T4D marketing into online and social media platforms
- Serve as evangelist on social media, responsible for articulating social media plans across T4D and helping lead their implementation
- Set targets and timelines for social media programs and key initiatives
- Develop a set of best practices and devise recommended rules of engagement and use the social media and evangelization/education opportunities to share best practices and knowledge, helping to build social media capability at T4D
- Support the design and development of various promotional and marketing campaigns, literature and materials aligned to customer requirements, in order to maximise the impact of all promotional materials produced.
- Ensure that the corporate standards set for the production of online corporate, promotional and marketing material and brand utilisation are adhered to, and continually provide guidance and support to employees at all levels in this regard.
- Proactively advise the Marketing Manager on new and changing marketing opportunities, and identify new and innovative e-marketing and promotional campaigns that will enhance the image of T4D and our relevant products and services.
- Degree in Business IT or a related area
- Graphic Design using Adobe Suite
- Knowledge experience and understanding of training and capacity development for organisations
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Understanding of online industry terminologies, Internet marketing strategies, search engine marketing, online promotions, creative, and email marketing.
- Must have a strong ability to communicate effectively and express ideas in a well planned and documented manner.
- An understanding of the online advertising space.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must be extremely organized, detailed and result oriented.
- An analytical mind capable of learning quickly and adaptive to change.
- A comprehensive understanding of MS Office and Internet technologies.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with a wide range of public sector organisations
- Strong project coordination skills
- Strong writing, editing and formatting skills, ability to ensure all documents and training materials are designed to the T4D quality standards
- Ability to collect and monitor data and generate relevant and accurate reports for a range of audiences
- Able to develop and sustain good working relationships internally and externally and to be an effective and professional representative of T4D at local and national forums
- Working effectively as part of a team, sharing information and consulting when appropriate
- Extensive knowledge and confidence in working with Microsoft programmes, including Word and Excel
- Able to self-motivate and manage time effectively
- Organising the logistics for complex training and/or capacity building events
If you meet the above criteria, please send your application and a detailed CV to email@example.com before 9th August 2019.
Note: Use the job title as the subject line in your application email.