Tausi Assurance Company Ltd
Tausi Assurance is a growing company making great strides in the Insurance Industry dealing in General Insurance.
We have been around for well over 20 years and are proud of our unquestionable legacy of excellence in serving our clients.
In quest of strengthening our ICT function, we are currently looking to recruit a suitable, qualified, and experienced individual to join our team as an ICT Manager.
The successful candidate will mainly be responsible for overseeing the smooth operations of the ICT department and offer guidance and leadership to the ICT team
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including servers, routers, switches, hubs, UPSs,
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop plans for maintaining network infrastructure.
- Test server performance, provide network performance statistics and reports and come up with plan for maintaining server infrastructure.
- Develop and implement technical procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use.
- Oversee the administration of user accounts, permissions, and access rights in Active Directory.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software. Responsible for on-site and off-site data centers.
- Actively ensure appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards are in place to protect Tausi’s information assets from internal and external threats
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
- Ensure effective staff training programs are frequently conducted to increase security awareness.
- Manage and assist in performing security monitoring of information systems including assessing information security risk.
- Perform regular inspections of systems and network processes and ensure security updates are up to date.
- Preparation of the ICT budget and ensure cost containment
- Coordinate the procurement process for ICT related assets while enforcing compliance & regulation by ensuring all vendors and equipment meet specific standards.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the ICT team.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Information Technology
- Information Technology infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification
- Oracle certifications (OCA & OCP)– Oracle certified Administrator)
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or CISCO (CCNA)
- Master Degree (MBA) is an added advantage
- Project Management is also an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing ICT operations in a well-developed ICT infrastructure and busy organization preferably insurance/financial industry
Skills and Competencies
- 5 years of experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc.
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, Exchange online (office 365), Core Switching/Routing, SSL/IPsec, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, bridges, switches, hubs, modems, network interface cards, and so on.
- Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and telecommunications principles.
- Experience installing network cabling and telephony systems.
- Experience in I.T security solutions, management of UTM device, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Application letters and copy of current CV in one document with names of and addresses of three referees should be sent by email to email@example.com so as to reach us on or before 13th September, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.