Gold Star Kenya (GSK) was established in 2010 as a local Non-Governmental Organization; GSK was born out of the success of the Gold Star Network, a social franchise program initiative established in 2006 to promote comprehensive quality HIV care amongst a network of private health providers in Kenya.
GSK implements health related projects in Kenya.
We seek qualified candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Technical Officer, Pediatrics & Adolescents
Job Ref: GSK-TOPA-055
Reports to: Senior Technical Officer, Care and Treatment
Project: Afya Nyota ya Bonde Project – Rift Valley
Job Summary: The Technical Officer, Pediatric and Adolescent will provide technical assistance for pediatric and adolescent HIV care including provision of ART as well as Quality Improvement.
They will be responsible for working closely with the service providers to ensure that the quality of care is sustained across the program as defined by the MOH quality standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical direction to county and sub-county health management teams and health facilities in the implementation of robust and sound HIV care and treatment for pediatrics and adolescents living with HIV
- Provide direction in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of pediatric and adolescent HIV care and treatment interventions
- Prepare annual work plans, budgets and reports for pediatric and adolescent HIV treatment services.
- Ensure all peds and adolescent patients receive tailor made prevention, care and treatment services towards achievement of the 90.90.90 goals and targets
- Establish and lead implementation of operation triple zero clubs across project supported sites
- Work jointly with the Ministry of Education and care givers to ensure peds and adolescents LHIV who are in school achieve optimal HIV care
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with MOH staff at all levels and other partners to ensure optimal implementation of pediatrics and adolescents care and treatment interventions he program at all levels.
- Maintain smooth regular information flow with MOH officials, project technical staff on technical issues.
Requirements: Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Experience in establishing and sustaining working relationships with the Ministry of Health at County, sub-County and health providers at site level
- Significant and up to date knowledge of the current Pediatric and adolescent guidelines, standards, tools and best practices. Up to date knowledge of general HIV management is a pre-requisite
- Experience in establishing and sustaining HIV care and treatment services within Peds/adolescent setting
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and facilitating mentorship and capacity building in Peds/adolescent’s interventions
- Thorough knowledge of PEPFAR Program and NASCOP reporting requirements including focusing on peds and adolescents familiarity with the NASCOP data collection and reporting tools
- Proficiency in computer basic skills- MS Office; Internet; Basic data analysis skills
- Self- managed, self-driven, results oriented individual with excellent communication, interpersonal, report writing and analytical skills
- Dedicated team player with ability and experience to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Medical doctor with experience implementing peds and Adolescents HIV interventions with 3-5 years’ experience
- Clinical Officer, BScN) with 5-7 years of continuous peds and adolescent’s HIV program
- Trained in HIV management, care and treatment.
- Additional experience in implementation and leadership inin both pediatric and adolescent HIV programming is a pre-requisite
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a health facility offering HIV Comprehensive care and treatment.
How to Apply:
Gold Star Kenya has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email to: email@example.com
Please specify the location and quote the Requisition ID provided on the subject line while sending your application, CV/resume including salary requirements, to be received by 1st September 2019.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.