Gold Star Kenya (GSK) was established in 2010 as a local Non-Governmental Organization; GSK was born out of the success of the Gold Star Network, a social franchise program initiative established in 2006 to promote comprehensive quality HIV care amongst a network of private health providers in Kenya.
GSK implements health related projects in Kenya.
We seek qualified candidates for the following positions:
Position Title: Technical Officer – Care and Treatment
Job Ref: GSK-TOCT-054
Reports to: Senior Technical Officer – Care and Treatment
Project: Afya Nyota ya Bonde Project – Rift Valley
Location: Nakuru (3), Kajiado (1), Baringo (1), Samburu (1), Lakipia (1)
Job Summary: The Technical Officer will be responsible for providing strategic direction in, mentorship, coaching and regular updates in PMTCT, HIV Care and Treatment, TBHIV and HTS to health care workers in supported sites.
S/he will be responsible for working closely with the county and sub-county health management teams and service providers to ensure that the quality of care is sustained across the program as defined by the MOH quality standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic direction in care and treatment program in liaison with the Senior Technical Officer
- Provide mentorship, coaching and updates to program clinical mentors and service providers at the comprehensive care clinics to offer quality care and treatment services for patients according to the national guidelines and standards.
- Mentor and coach service providers on best practices, current guidelines and standards in providing comprehensive HIV care and treatment services
- Take leadership in patient retention, adherence to medication and viral load suppression to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Implement proven retention strategies to prevent loss to follow up, return patients to care and ensure that each patient has a tailor-made retention strategy.
- Ensure that each newly diagnosed patient and those returned to care have an identified case manager to help them stay within HIV care and treatment.
- Coordinate site mentorship for all sites based identified needs and priorities
- Implement a quality improvement approach to site mentorship based on a clearly defined set of indicators
- Take lead in implementation of surge interventions related to HIV identification especially index HIV testing and assisted partner notification services, linkage to care and treatment, retention in HIV care and viral load suppression
- Ensure all reports are developed and submitted in a timely manner as per MOH, project and PEPFAR requirements.
Knowledge, Skill, Abilities, Expertise and Competence:
- Experience in establishing and sustaining working relationships with the Government of Kenya Ministries of Health at County and Sub-county level
- Significant and up to date knowledge of the current ART, PMTCT, TB/HIV, HTS guidelines, standards, tools and best practices
- Experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment program implementation with demonstrated expertise in initiating care and treatment services in a public, faith based or private health facility
- Knowledge of and experience in implementation of differentiated HIV model of care is a key requirement
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and facilitating training and mentorship in HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment areas.
- Experience and knowledge in implementation of HCW capacity building in assisted partner notification services (aPNS) is a must
- Knowledge of PEPFAR Program and NASCOP reporting requirements including familiarity with the data collection and reporting tools used by NASCOP
- Proficiency in computer basic skills- MS Office; Internet; Basic data analysis skills
- Self- managed, self-driven, results oriented
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, report writing and analytical skills
- Dedicated team player with ability and experience to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Medical Doctor with at least 3 years of continuous HIV program implementation or Clinical Officer with 5 years of continuous HIV program implementation; relevant experience and training in HIV programming is a pre-requisite
- Relevant Master’s Degree is an added advantage At least 2 years’ hands on experience working in a health facility offering Comprehensive HIV care and treatment services.
How to Apply:
Gold Star Kenya has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email to: email@example.com.
Please specify location and quote the Requisition ID provided on the subject line while sending your application, CV/resume including salary requirements, to be received by 1st September 2019.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.