Position Title: UI / UX Designer
Location: Techsavanna Company, Nairobi
Role Purpose: The UX designer will be required to understand business and user requirements and facilitate the organizations product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
The UX designer will also be expected to design the overall look and feel of the product in order to ensure a great user experience and iterate upon it in accordance with user- testing findings.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and stakeholders
- Facilitate user experience design thinking sessions to identify business and technical requirements for technology, research and business initiatives to ensure that designs are successfully created and implemented to achieve the user goals.
- Provide guidance on incorporating user research methodologies into the product design and development lifecycles.
- Develop overall user experience, interaction design and information architecture for technology and business initiatives at the level of detail and rigor needed by those who must base their work on the design.
- Use a variety of analytical techniques to gather and analyze design requirements (e.g. interviews, facilitated workshops, surveys, site visits, use cases, workflow analysis, observations, etc.) This includes creating site maps, flows, wireframes, prototypes and design specifications; analyzing usability test results; and developing user experience design briefs.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources with the aim of resolving conflicts and providing information to support interaction design prioritization and tradeoff decisions.
- Define process improvements for the user experience team and works with the leadership team to communicate and uphold user experience standards.
- Work with creative & visual leads and technical leads to understand technical systems and constraints so that design solutions are technically feasible and optimal and to co-evolve experience solutions through an iterative design process.
- Develop expert level knowledge of competitive and complementary design strategies to ensure a “best approach” design with every project
- Establish and promote UX guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Act as an internal consultant and subject matter expert by staying on top of changing UX design technologies, as well as corporate, organization, and industry standards to ensure leading-edge interpretation and execution of design applications and to provide business and technical guidance where appropriate
- Strong leader, collaborator, team player, and individual contributor
- Strong communication skills with comfort in speaking with business stakeholders
- Strong problem solver with ability to manage and lead the team to push the solution and progress
- Passion to challenge the status quo and find new solutions and drive out of the box ideas – loves and embraces change
Candidate must possess the following Requirements
The successful jobholder will be required to possess the following qualifications: –
- A Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or Business related field with relevant IT Professional qualifications. Graphic or Visual Design, Digital Media Design, other visual specialty or any other related qualifications will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ relevant work experience in a role directly related to web design, UX Design / Front-end mobile-web development experience, product design, product management, production management, marketing.
- Strong technical proficiency with UX tools such as Axure, Balsamiq, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Creative problem solver with experience leading projects and building consensus with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to scope and estimate efforts accurately, prioritize tasks and goals independently and rapidly produce deliverables in a fast-paced iterative environment.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below.