Our Client in a Travel Industry is urgently seeking to recruit a Travel Consultant to join their dedicated team in Nairobi.
- Research various destinations and means of travel regarding prices, customs, weather conditions, reviews etc.
- Organize travels from beginning to end, through booking tickets and accommodation, securing rental transportation etc.
- Supply travelers with pertinent information and useful travel/holiday material (guides, maps, event programs etc.)
- Collect deposits and balances
- Handle unforeseen problems and complaints and determine eligibility for money returns
- Create and update electronic records of clients
- Liaise with sales and marketing to create attractive offers
- Arrange travel for business and vacation customers
- Determine customers’ needs and preferences, such as schedules and costs
- Plan and arrange tour packages suitable for prospective customer
- Find fare and schedule information
- Book reservations for travel, hotels, rental cars, and special events etc
- Make alternative booking arrangements if changes arise before or during the trip
- Bachelor’s Degree in Tours and travel or any business related course.
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in a travel agency
- Results orientation/ team work
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinking
- Creativity & Innovation
- Conflict management
- Working hours may be based on shift schedule
- Frequent interaction with External Stakeholders
If qualified Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title TRAVEL CONSULTANT.
Submission deadline is 4th September 2019.