Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the below post;
Job Title: Logistics and Distribution Manager
Duty Station: Nairobi
Job Purpose: The job holder will oversee logistics, fast track order processing, stock movement and documentation, Distribution Centre management and be the link between logistics and other related departments in the organization. The job holder will also be expected to learn on the go and to deliver agile and flexible ‘end to end’ logistics and distribution solutions.
- Expediting picking and dispatch processes so that the outlets are replenished on time to avoid stock outs and oversee stock deliveries to all branches through the respective warehouse staff.
- Monitor and coordinate deliveries of items between suppliers to ensure timely delivery of all items to site/store on time and put measures in place to ensure all the incoming and outgoing goods are inspected thoroughly to ascertain the right quantities and quality.
- Creating, implementing and maintaining a systematic and updated DC layout plan that streamlines the storage and retrieval of the goods and ensure cleanliness is maintained at all time.
- Ensure optimal stocking in the DC by performing accurate demand planning and expediting delivery of orders issued to suppliers.
- Oversee distribution operations to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness through the centralized model.
- Coordinate reverse logistical functions for products, internal allocation, delivery, re-use, or final disposal in adherence to disposal procedures.
- Provide high level fleet management advice including optimal scheduling, documented analytic reports on vehicle usage, tracking information, fuel consumption reports and master calendar for all vehicles.
- Take part in ensuring that company vehicles properly managed, serviced, optimally utilized and allocation schedules effectively done.
Process Improvement & Compliance
- Champion logistics solutions and continuously improve existing warehouse operations processes, collate and adopt best practices to ensure optimal efficiency in the unit.
- Provide and analyze the operating costs and reporting to management and other key stakeholders with required frequency.
- Design dashboards to easily identify bottleneck areas of the operational processes, analyze risk areas and recommend mitigating solutions to the relevant state holders.
- Liaise with other relevant departments to ensure an integrated internal controls framework, transparent, technically proficient processes in order to attain operational excellence.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
Staff Management & Supervision
- Ensure development, update and adherence to procurement & logistics policies and procedures by all staff and efficient delegation of roles and optimal staffing in distribution center at all times.
- Responsible for conducting performance appraisal for the distribution & logistics staff and generally motivate staff to improve performance.
- Promote learning and development amongst distribution & logistics staff through on-job trainings and coaching by promoting appropriate work ethic, knowledge development, and integrity among others.
- Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management or an equivalent qualification from a relevant field.
Professional Qualifications and Membership
- ISM Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM)
- SOLE Certified Professional Logistician (CPL).
- Be a Member to a relevant professional body- CIPS/KISM.
- 5 years’ experience in distribution & logistics and 2 should be in a similar capacity or senior level.
Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
The ideal candidate should be proficient or advanced in the following set of area specific to this position’s level:
- Uncompromising Integrity.
- Strategic thinking, able to work in team settings and to provide suitable leadership therein.
- Attention to detail, organizational and multitasking skills are essential.
- Able to manage conflicts in order to prevent counter-productive confrontations while resolving conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
- Able to manage people in order to build and manage workforce based on organization strategy, goals, budget, considerations, and staff needs to ensure that employees stay motivated.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team being the leading retailer.
- A unique opportunity to advance your career to the next level.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
How to apply:
If you meet the above requirements visit Tuskys website https://www.tuskys.com/ career page HERE and submit your application before close of business, Sunday August 25th,2019.
Late applications will not be considered.