Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the below post;
Job Title: Web Developer
Duty Station: Nairobi
Job Purpose: The role is responsible for leading custom web development throughout the entire project life cycle. The role will be given the freedom of building custom web sites using your own leadership and programming skills.
The web developer should be capable of full cycle project leadership including application architecture, design input, site layout/user interface, database design/programming, and .NET development.
The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme pride in their work.
If you thrive by working side by side with one of the most experienced and professional teams in the industry while leading your solutions to successful completion, consider this opportunity as the next level in your professional development.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Lead the development on internal applications as required by the business
- Foster a customer and service oriented culture across functions
- Effectively engage with the business units with the aim of understanding their processes to support and automate thought technology in order to improve their service delivery.
- On time delivery of assigned projects.
- To play a part in managing site migration projectsinvolving liaison with external contractors, optimizing the use ofresources and ensuring timely progress.
- To undertake the testing of design elements and site functions aimed at optimizing user experience and improving user engagement working with other colleagues as appropriate, and to establish this as a regular part ofsite creation and redevelopment projects going forward.
- To use agreed version controlsystemsin all coding projects.
- To train other Team members as appropriate to increase front end development knowledge and skills across the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related area is preferred.
Professional Qualifications and Membership
- Microsoft certified professional
- Any other certification
2+ Years of Experience in rapid web development.
The ideal candidate should be proficient or advanced in the following set of area specific to this position’s level:
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Experience with Mobile development technologies
- Team player
- Experience in retail organization or service industry will be added advantage.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in an environment of high pressure and tight timelines
- Able to work independently without supervisions
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with an ability for tact and diplomacy
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking and time-management skills
What We Offer
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team being the leading retailer.
- A unique opportunity to advance your career to the next level.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above requirements visit Tuskys website https://www.tuskys.com/ career page HERE and submit your application before close of business, Sunday August 25th, 2019.
Late applications will not be considered.