African Development Bank Group
Vacancy Notice No: ADB/19/168
Senior Procurement Operations Officer
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: September 27th, 2019 (at 00h00 midnight GMT)
The Position: The Local Senior Procurement Operations Officer ¡s responsible to ensure that the project procurement activities financed by the Bank ¡n his/her country based are compliant with the Bank’s procurement policy.
This is done by advising on procurement arrangements and reviewing procurement decisions within the project/program operations cycle from the identification to completion stages.
The incumbent also contributes to the preparation of the Bank’s Country Strategy Paper, and to building procurement capacity of Borrowers which includes training of Borrower staff, advising on project related procurement matters, and assessing and strengthening the Borrower’s procurement systems.
The Local Senior Procurement Operations Officer reports administratively to the Regional Operations Manager for Implementation Support (ROM-IS) and functionally to the Division Manager- Procurement [SNFI].
Competencies (Skills, experience and knowledge)
1. Hold at least a Master’s degree or equivalent in Public / Business Administration, Law, Engineering, Procurement, Economics or related fields
2. A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in providing procurement support and advice to the preparation and implementation of programs and projects financed by the Bank or any other similar institution in
developing countries, having private sector experience will be an added advantage
3. Proven familiarity with and solid experience ¡n the practice of procurement of goods and works and the acquisition of consultancy services under donor funding conditions, ¡t would be desirable to have knowledge of Bank Procurement policy
4. Experience ¡n supervising and effectively managing implementation of developments projects and programs
5. Ability to be flexible, open-minded with integrity, client and results oriented for achieving both Bank’s and Borrowers’ objectives
6. Effective consulting and advisory skills that enable Sector Staff and Borrowers to build their confidence and skills to deal with procurement issues
7. Good networking skills and judgment are required while working within teams and when building professional relationships with procurement specialists and sector specialists working in the Region
8. Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English with a working knowledge of the French language,
9. Competence with standard MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), preferably combined with knowledge and experience of SAP operations
Application Link: https://www.afdb.org/en/about-careers/current-vacancies