Job Title: Lead Generation and Qualification Associate
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Head of East and Southern African Sales
Company Summary: BitPesa is a digital foreign exchange and treasury solution that leverages cutting edge technology to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to and from frontier markets.
With our API and white label products, our partners utilize our hybrid financial infrastructure and deep local knowledge to manage liquidity and send payments to dozens of bank networks and mobile money operators across Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal, and the DRC.
Licensed by the UK’s FCA and the Bank of Spain, BitPesa is a market-maker in every major African currency and open corridors for business payments and trade between frontier markets and the rest of the world. Launched in Nairobi, BitPesa now has offices in Lagos, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, and Dakar.
Our company values are Accountability, Customer-Centricity, Resiliency, Creativity, Teamwork.
Job Summary: As the Lead Generator / Qualifier, you will be responsible for lead generation and sales-related tasks in the West African region for BitPesa’s cross-border payments services/products.
In this role, you will support the Sales Team in new customer acquisition within the West African region. We’re looking for an ambitious young professional, with the relevant experience and skills, to help BitPesa penetrate the West African region region by selling our cross-border payment products and services. This is an exciting opportunity to help take Africa’s leading digital F/X company to the next level.
- Actively generate viable leads that satisfy internal criteria and KPIs
- Implement creative and modern techniques to generate viable leads across the regions.
- When required, effectively support the Sales Team by collaborating with key external and internal stakeholders to move deals forward in the sales process (working with Compliance, Treasury, Product).
- Help ensure client portfolio grows while being diversified, stable and profitable.
- Regularly update the sales pipeline (CRM) with client engagement status.
- Develop competitive analysis to identify market trends, customer needs and pricing/rate structure across the industry.
- Adhere to the sales process set out by the company to acquire clients
- Exceed qualified lead creation goals
- Attain daily activity metrics of calls, decision maker contacts, qualified leads
- Understand customer business issues and how these issues can be solved with BitPesa’s services
- Identify and prospect new client accounts and associations within a network of approved leads.
- Identify and prospect new clients accounts within approved vertical and regional markets
- Outreach to the prospective new clients via Web Site, Social Media, Chat Platforms, Shows, Phone and Email
- Set appointments for demos and presentation of BitPesa products and services
- Build relationships with the prospective new client’s key decision makers and serve as the primary first point of contact throughout the acquisition/sales lead qualification cycle
- Develop and follow quarterly, monthly, and weekly plans with specific, measurable goals.
- Develop a holistic Lead Generation Plan across various target segments and industries identifying “quick wins” versus “longer sales cycles”
- Keep sales pipeline (CRM) up to date with excellent lead and process management to clearly identify status and success during the sales process
- Create reports to present sales data/trends for the team and management
- Assist with implementing sales strategies and plans including but not limited to specific marketing campaigns and marketing penetration strategies
- Create/research thorough market analysis and customer segmentation for the region
- Responsible for and over new clients to the onboarding team onto the BitPesa platform
- Advise Account Management on pain points of new clients so as to build a strategy for growing sales
- Introduce the new clients to key internal stakeholders of Onboarding, Account Management, Compliance and Trading
- Young professional who is ambitious and passionate with a minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in a relevant role
- Ability to understand and help promote the customer-centric vision at BitPesa.
- Quantitative individual with a love for numbers and data analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications ( (written and oral), public speaking, presentation, and listening skills.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Excellent organizational skills with ensuring nothing falls through the cracks
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Google Suite Tools skills and experience in using CRM software is a plus
- Passionate about our mission to develop innovative digital payment and treasury management solutions to help businesses scale in frontier markets
- You’re persevering and willing to roll up your sleeves to do whatever needs to be done
- Willingness to be based in our Nairobi office
Why work for us?
- Competitive remuneration
- Casual work environment
- Great work-life balance
- We value autonomy
- Environmental-friendly (we try to use as little paper as possible!)
- Opportunity for growth for all our employees
If you are interested in the above role, CLICK HERE to apply online.