Women In Modern Agriculture CBO
Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Reporting to: C.E.O
Duty Station: Kalandin Office
Background: WIMA is implementing a 4 year orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) program with CRS / MWENDO, which seeks to empower local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV and child protection systems and services and the linkages between them, including cross-sectoral service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery for OVC and their HHs in Rarieda Sub-county.
- In consultation with WIMA management setting up and monitoring the financial system in order to ensure that WIMA finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintaining accounts payables and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate monthly reports
- Managing employee files and records to ensure complete and accurate payment of benefits and allowances.
- Collection of data and maintaining manual and computerised prime accounting records.
- Preparation of monthly cash flow statements.
- Efficient and effective office management services and administrative support.
- Preparing invoices for services rendered and Goods purchased in line with USG funded projects/
- Maintaining up to date information on exchange rates and circulating to WIMA management
- Administration, reconciliation and weekly/monthly reporting to project Coordinator/Director of petty cash and all bank accounts.
- Manage the project finance and oversee all local procurement ensuring that donors/organisation policies are adhered to.
- Submit monthly returns to KRA
- Preparing and managing cash flow projections
- Support Project coordinator and other project staff in drafting budgets, preparation of field documents and submission of field reports.
- Implementing WIMA internal controls
- Performing financial monitoring of WIMA and its related offices.
- Preparing regular monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Responsible for safekeeping and security of all finance documents.
Contract Period: One year renewable
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree/Higher Diploma in Commerce – Finance Option or its equivalent from a recognised institution.
- Holder of CPA K or equivalent
- Master’s degree in any of the following: Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance from a recognised institution will be an added advantage.
- Registered with institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
- Have at least 3 years’ relevant experience
- Familiar with financial reporting software; QuickBooks and Tally
- Have high integrity and full-fill chapter 6 requirements of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Additional Required Qualities:
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to use excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work extended hours.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above qualifications and experiences, kindly send a cover letter (indicating your current and expected salary), Certificates and detailed curriculum vitae with your daytime contacts (cell phone number) to:
Women In Modern Agriculture (WIMA)
by e-mail to email@example.com
OR hand delivery to WIMA offices in Kalandini- Rarieda Sub-county to reach us latest by 4:00pm Monday 24th September 2019
Late applications will not be considered.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Women In Modern Agriculture is an equal opportunities Employer.
All Correspondences to be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer WIMA – CBO
Women In Modern Agriculture CBO
P.O. Box 133, 40611, Nyilima