Ruaraka Uhai Neema Hospital
Job Vacancy: Clinical Officer
Job Summary: Provide efficient, effective, quality clinical services to patients following established treatment protocols.
1.Provide comprehensive and good quality clinical services to patients. Take/review the patients history to ascertain the right clinical examinations and treatment.
1. Diagnose and institute appropriate treatment, write prescriptions, and carry out other treatment activities while ensuring that established treatment protocols are effectively followed.
2. Confirm any questionable and notifiable diseases and report them to the medical officer in charge.
3. Ensure effective clinical procedures, rules, regulations which are consistent with organization procedures.
4. Perform minor surgical operations.
5. Participate in specific drug therapies e.g. cytotoxic drugs etc.
6. In collaboration with the medical and nursing team receive and attend to patients who require emergency services
7. Handle referrals from subordinate health facilities.
8. When necessary, arrange for patient referrals or consultations to other health facilities for specialty or higher-level management.
9. Accompany patients on referrals as needed.
10. Participate in outreaches or other activities such as health talks or community programs.
11. Handle patient data/ information confidentially at all times.
12. Prepare the weekly plans/schedules and reports.
13. Ensure that the clinic environment is safe and complies with infection control standards.
14. Maintain confidentiality of all activities to preserve dignity of patients.
15. Document all aspects of patient care and maintain accurate and complete medical records.
16. Collaborate with other members of the clinical team in improving patient care.
17. Actively participate in clinical training programs, including on-job trainings and skills building.
18. Carry out any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the management from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
(a) Level of Education
- KSCE with a minimum grade C
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine.
(b) Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
- Specialist qualifications appropriate to area of specialty.
- Valid registration certificate and practicing license from the Clinical Officers Council of Kenya.
(c) Competencies / Abilities / Skills Required
- Must be diligent, honest and responsible
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Organized and self-directing.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
(d) Relevant Job Experience
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar position
Those qualifying for the position to send their CVs to email@example.com on or before 30th September ,2019.