Job Title: Construction Project Manager
Location: Nairobi & Kisumu
Our client is a construction company with its offices in Kisumu and Nairobi.
They seek to hire a Construction Project Manager who will be responsible for coordinating the financing, design and approvals of architectural and structural works as well as Coordinate meetings among vendors and project consultants.
The Construction Manager is responsible for
- Managing the predevelopment activities and project financing tasks including cash flow projections.
- Provide high quality development management, managing financial objectives of the project, and meeting project objectives.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee all onsite and offsite construction to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Coordinate delivery and control of construction materials on various construction sites.
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Prepare and interpret drawing with coordination with architects
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses
- Assist in the defining of and managing the development budgets and the programs.
- Contribute in discussions about design related activities and be involved in the product development aspect of the development process.
- Introduce best-practice systems of project and construction management, leading the implementation of quality control and relationship management techniques, in close co-ordination with the Executive Director.
- Accountable for developing and fostering effective relationships internally and externally including all third parties
- He/ She must manage the consultant team and the contractor to ensure that the key deliverables relating to time, cost and quality are achieved for each project under his/her responsibility
- Apply significant knowledge of construction regulations and industry standards to proposals, applications, and closings including legal and project document review, and day-to-day decisions
- Manage design process to ensure compliance/waiver/approval by City and Government organisations, financing sustainability, and design standards
- Develop feasible program and structure financing to ensure projects are approved and sustainable
- Manage construction bidding/pricing process for inclusion in the final project budget required for all closings
- Prospect for potential clients and convert them into increased business opportunities
- Follow and collect project billings to ensure optimal project cash flow management.
- Prepare and submit accurate weekly and monthly progress project reports.
- Engage internal and external contacts to ensure effective achievement of business development objectives.
- Ensure compliance with various regulatory organizations.
- Construction Project Manager Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Civil and Structural Engineering/Building Construction or Higher Diploma and other related fields.
- At least 6 years’ experience in project management
- Proven track record of in site organization and completing projects successfully
- Proven Managerial and Leadership skills
- Excellent communication and IT fluency
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and current Construction events
- Ability to provide leadership to a large team workers and subcontractors in multiple construction sites.
- Practical experience in building and construction projects.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org only quoting the job title on the email subject (Construction Project Manager) to before Monday 30th September 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.