One Acre Fund
Deputy Fleet and Quality Control Supervisor
About One Acre Fund: Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests.
We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
Job Description: The Fleet and Quality Control Supervisor assists the planning for input delivery execution and acts as an assistant in the overall execution of input delivery fleet logistics within a region.The Supervisor’s responsibility is to monitor fleet operations for logistics and ensure quality control operations across warehouses in a region.
He/She will actively assist in initiating and developing improved processes and policies to attain professional and high quality operations.The Supervisor will engage with the One Acre Fund Fleet and Quality Control Specialist in ensuring proper fleet planning scale year on year, and that this is done in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Analyze and carry out detailed fleet planning for input deliveries
- Assist in planning for, developing and documenting new policies/processes in support of scalability
- Assist in analyzing the fleet capacity needed for the Input Delivery period and uses this to inform the tendering process for transportation partners
- Assists in sourcing and tendering of transporters with the aim of meeting efficiency and scale goals.
- Assesses transport partner’s capacities against our transportation needs and assigns partners to specific warehouses in a region.
- Acts as the point of resolution for all transport partner issues and supports their needs to ensure safe operation in a region.
- Develop mechanisms for supplier transport costs tracking and payment requests in a region
- Assist in Truck Scheduling and Route Optimization
- Optimizing collection of drops in a region
- Review operational performance with Transporters in a region
Act as the focal point for input delivery fleet operations
- Own and oversee One Acre Fund’s quality control operations in a region.
- Assist in planning for Delivery Managers in a region.
- Assist in hiring and training of Delivery Managers and Transporter representatives
- Assist in implementing policy for Delivery Managers in a region.
- Daily / weekly reports from Delivery Managers in a region.
- Assist Develop KPIs for Fleet Operations in a region
- Assist in developing tools for tracking performance of Fleet
- Problem solving / troubleshooting delivery issues in a region
Work with logistics management to set and measure unit OKRs, KPIs and budgets
- Assist in drafting initial set of annual OKRs for their regions , based on Logistics goals, and shares with fleet specialist for feedback and finalisation
- Leads their region’s work on OKRs and sets up mechanisms by which their region is able to support the achievement of these OKRs
- Provides regular reports to fleet specialist on the progress of their unit’s core OKRs
- Supports fleet specialist in the creation of unit KPIs and works with the Data Team to track and assess progress against these KPIs
- Supports fleet specialist in budget setting by providing information on region -level overhead costs, staff needs and any other budget-relevant information
- Monitors the budget for their region’s work and provides monthly budget reports to fleet specialist.
Support management in any staff training or hiring processes for their unit
- Identifies gaps or needs within the region capabilities and drafts hiring propositions and job description documents for review by fleet specialist.
- Engages in the appropriate stages of the hiring process for any staff in their regions
- Supports new hires through the on-boarding process and provides high levels of initial support and coaching to integrate them into their regions, team and organisation
- Supports management with the creation, implementation and assessment of the success of staff training in their regions.
- Identifies region-wide areas of development and provides suggestions for relevant training courses to management
- Supports management in analyzing the success of region training courses
Support the implementation/growth of mechanisms which improve team culture
- Oversees the implementation of new mechanisms which management have designed to support improvements in team culture in a region.
- Provides regular feedback to management on the success/failure of these methods within their region.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Degree or equivalent experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Operations preferred.
- At least 2 years work experience
- Experience with Inventory Management systems required
- Experience with fleet management systems is desirable
- Great attention to detail.
- Proven experience in supply chain operations.
- Strong skills in advanced excel analysis, including Pivot Tables, V-Lookup and Array Formulas.
- Knowledge and experience of logistics operations (warehousing and fleet Planning) required.
- Proven problem solving abilities and willingness to work under tight deadlines.
- Experience managing and leading teams.
- Great time management and strong communication skills
- Great report writing and data analysis skills.
- Integrity: Ability to foster trust with transparency to ensure all activities are run above board.
- Innovation: Ability to bring creativity to the workplace.
- Ambition: Eager to learn, teach, enhance current logistic practices and develop new standard operating procedures.
- Reliable: Taking pride in meeting deadlines, exceeding expectations and being accountable for mission critical endeavors.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning and openness to feedback.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues from different backgrounds.
Preferred Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Job Location: Kakamega, Kenya
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Duration: Full-time job.
Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates: No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
CLICK HERE to apply online.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.