The European Union Delegation to the Republic of Kenya is looking for a Driver.
We are: The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the Republic of Kenya is the diplomatic representation of the EU in Kenya, and analyses Kenya’s politics, economics, social, development and foreign policies and implements EU development assistance while promoting and defending the values and interests of the EU.
We offer: We offer a post of Driver . Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Driver– this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as support staff to the Administration Section under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant head of section.
The position is based in Nairobi for an unlimited duration subject to three months’ probation. As an indication, the monthly basic salary starts at KES. 81,184/- (subject to local tax law).
The position is open to nationals and residents of Kenya with a valid work permit (compulsory).
We offer a competitive position in an international environment.
Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
We look for
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education [KCSE] (eligibility)
- Driving licence (eligibility)
- At least 5 years working experience in a Transport Service of which 2 years in a Diplomatic Mission OR International Company/Organisation OR Government Office (eligibility)
Note: compliance with all the eligibility criteria listed above must be clearly demonstrated in the submitted CV
- Excellent knowledge of English (working language). A fluent knowledge of French is an asset.
- Basic IT knowledge of MS Office and Internet.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent ability to provide high quality service.
- Ability to deal helpfully and courteously with people.
- Open, flexible personality; team player.
- A high degree of integrity and the ability to deal with confidential information is required.
- Good knowledge of mechanic is an asset.
- Experience in driving an armoured vehicle is an asset.
How to Apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to Delegation-Kenya-Recruitment@eeas.europa.eu (link sends e-mail) by 15 October 2019, 4pm and should have in the subject line “Driver”.
The package should include a cover letter, a detailed CV.
APPLICATIONS WHICH DO NOT MEET MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED
Only Short-listed Candidates will be contacted.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to the provided email address.