Job Title: Group Chief Executive Officer
Reporting to the Board of Directors
Industry: FMCG, Hospitality, Real Estate, Construction & Logistics
Our Client is a group of companies with an interest in the FMCG, Hospitality, Real Estate, Construction & Logistics industries.
They seek to hire a well experienced, dynamic and focused leader to serve as a Group Chief Executive Officer.
The Group CEO will work closely with Executive Director, in overseeing the operations of the different group companies and act as the link between the General Managers of the respective group companies and the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate for this position has either been an entrepreneur or has worked in an entrepreneurial team with a proven track record of effective team recruitment, management and results-driven leadership.
- Develop high quality business strategies and plans to drive overall revenue growth of the group in collaboration with the respective group companies General Managers, ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives of the Group companies.
- Keep abreast of the markets and industry trends by mapping various facets of the respective business sectors in order to ensure the group companies remain ahead through innovation and execution.
- Build trust relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders with an aim of creating valuable linkages and efficiencies for effective service delivery.
- Ensure the set revenue targets for the respective group companies are achieved. Take effective corrective measures where the respective set revenue targets are not met.
- Oversee implementation of sales and marketing strategies for various group companies in liaison with the General Managers.
- Maintain contact with all major clients in the respective market areas to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and the different industries in which the company conducts its business
- Ensure debt collection targets of the respective group companies are achieved. Take effective corrective measures where the respective set collection targets are not met.
- Review and ensure the group companies annual financial budgets including effective cost reduction measures are implemented as planned.
- Develop profitable strategies and implement company vision through corporate finance and performance management principles.
- Liaise and regularly report to the Executive Director/Board of Directors on the status of key performance indicators of the respective group companies.
- Develop and maintain appropriate tools and processes aimed at capturing, tracking and reporting relevant operational and financial metrics for critical decision making.
- Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements
Human Resource Management and Leadership
- Provide leadership at the group level in building customer base at B-2-B level by designing and executing suitable strategy, while aligning team players to perform within set targets
- Overseeing group operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission of the group companies.
- Carry out performance appraisal of the respective group companies General Managers.
- Leading and motivating Group Companies General Managers to advance employee engagement and develop a high performing managerial team.
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to ensure legal compliance with relevant government agencies.
- Ensure implementation of Kajina Holdings vision and key performance indicators are met.
Key Performance Indicators of the Group Chief Executive Officer:
- Consistent revenue growth for the group
- Effective Cashflow Management of the group.
- Development and implementation of Group key business strategic plans.
- Coordination and Supervision of the respective group companies
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors in a Business-related field. Master’s Degree is added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in senior leadership positions
- Demonstrated experience in running a dynamic business entity
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging technology for growth
- Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly
- Previous experience in FMCG, Real Estate, Hospitality, Construction, Transport and Logistics.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to manage time effectively and handle both internal and external conflicts
- Analytical problem solver capabilities that must drive both Technology and logistical strategies to improve process productivity, reduce operational costs and increase business profitability
How to Apply
If this describer you and you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Group Chief Executive Officer) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Monday 30th September 2019
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.