ICRC Logistic Support Centre in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
Accountant (4 Months Contract)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
Overall Responsibility: The Accountant is in charge of preparing, reconciling and analysing the accounting records and financial reports of the delegation under his/her responsibility.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Invoice management;
- Preparing cheques both electronically and manually;
- Management of daily cash and bank transactions;
- Monthly accounting closure;
- Management of funds transfers;
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts;
- Support to supply Chain departments with correct accounting procedures;
- Filing and archiving monthly accounting documents;
Minimum Requirements and competencies
- Holder of a Relevant Degree;
- CPA part II (Certified Public Accountant or equivalent);
- Computer literacy and experience with an accounting package;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Finance position;
- Precise and rigorous with high sense of confidentiality;
- Team spirit and good communication skills;
- Analytical and organizational skills;
- Able to work efficiently under pressure with minimum supervision;
- Experience in an international organization or NGO will be an added advantage;
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before 16th September 2019 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to
ICRC Logistics Support Centre,
via: E-mail : email@example.com
The reference Accountant must be stated in the application to be valid.
If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required degree & other supporting documents, your application will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process.
If the candidate is asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.