International Medical Corps Somalia
Job Vacancy: Human Resources & Administration Manager
Job Summary: The HR & Admin Manager is responsible for providing strategic leadership.
S/he will ensure high quality and efficient staff recruitment, contracts management, orientation, learning and development, performance management, compensation and benefits, code of conduct compliance, employee engagement and staff care.
The HR & Admin Manager will also provide technical support and capacity building for HR team and will be working closely with the HR Admin. Officers to facilitate the development of a highly effective, strategic HR function.
- Assess capacity of HR staff across IMC offices in Somalia in their ability to appropriately and adequately manage all HR issues and address any gaps.
- Work with the HR Officers, Legal department to ensure staff understand and apply HR best practices and IMC policy, and engaging staff to foster and implement a creative and productive workplace that actively promotes learning and staff development.
- Ensure IMC HR Manual is updated and circulated to all staff as required.
- Take leadership for employee wages and salaries administration
- Management of employee documentation and records
- Provide leadership with employee recruitment and selection and work with departments to develop talent pools for key priority roles. Strengthen employee relations and develop mechanisms to ensure employee concerns and grievances are addressed in a timely, equitable and consistent manner.
- Management of employee health and safety by ensuring employees work in environments where risks to their health and safety are adequately managed.
- Develop a training and mentoring plan to enable HR Department to work efficiently.
- Liaise closely with IMC Lawyers to ensure IMC is fully compliant with both Somalia Labor Law.
- Serve as a member of the Country Management Team.
- Maintain a healthy and empowering office environment that encourages open, honest and productive communication among IMC staff by delivering an employee engagement and communication strategy.
- Support the management, coaching and development of national staff to build a cadre of skilled, committed and motivated staff.
- Work with HR Team and other department heads to update orientation/on boarding materials for new staff orientation and conduct training for all HR staff to carry out orientations effectively.
- Work with HR Admin. Officers to conduct training sessions specifically aimed at transparent recruitment process, contract management, HR reporting, staff personnel files management and
- Review contracts, employee data & records, leave administration and compliance to HR policies and procedures and work with HR Admin. Officers to conduct training aimed at all HR staff.
- Review all personnel files and related HR documents country wide and work with HR team to ensure all files are up to date and in compliance with IMC policy.
- Work with HR Admin. Officers to develop and execute capacity building plan aimed at Human Resources staff across IMC Somalia to enable them deliver timely and accurate HR services.
- Support and provide guidance to the Department Heads, HR Admin. Officers staff to effectively implement Performance Management Program and link it to staff development/capacity building and training.
- Serve as a mentor for and build the capacity of HR team to ensure sustainable and reliable HR services in all field offices.
- Ensure standardization of HR forms across offices and ensure use and sharing of best practices between field locations.
- Actively participate in proposal design and kick off meetings, specifically advising on organizational structure, position scoping and other inputs critical to ensure strong HR foundation to support program quality.
- Maintain a legal status of expatriates visiting the Somalia program – work permits, visas and passes if any.
- Act as the contact person with the NGO Board. Ensure adherence to the NGO Board rules and regulations.
- Escalate code of conduct issues.
- Perform other tasks as requested by supervisor.
- Master degree or equivalent education in HR/Management/Business
- A registered member of IHRM with a practicing license
- 10 years of progressive HR professional experience with a minimum of 5 years as a head of HR department or equivalent experience.
- NGO experience is essential.
- Demonstrated success as an HR generalist supporting employee groups of 500+ employees in multiple locations within the country required.
- Demonstrated success in supporting senior management and building relationships.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, and training and development
- Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work, manage, and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced.
- Must be comfortable in being a proactive member of the senior management team. Must have a proven track-record of proactively identifying and communicating potential problems and proposing solutions.
- Must be able to function effectively in a loosely structured, but complex work environment and to set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with competing priorities and pressure ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support.
- Capable of managing conflict and conflicting views.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills required.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Committed to staff training and development and effective at facilitation.
- Commitment to the IMC’s mission, purpose and values.
- Ability to travel and spend extended time in different parts of Somalia, with limited facilities and often under harsh conditions on a short notice.
How to Apply:
IMC Somalia is inviting qualified candidates who meet the above requirements to send cover letter and CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the job title in the email subject line clearly.
Deadline for applications: 4th October 2019.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
International Medical Corps is an equal opportunity employer and does not ask for money or any kind of favours in exchange for employment.
Reporting of Fraud & Unethical Behaviour:
To report fraud and unethical behaviour:
- File a report online at EthicsPoint, Inc. (https://secure.ethicspoint.com/domain/media/en/gui/29929/index.html) or
- Contact email@example.com for further instruction.
- Reports may also be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or
More details on International Medical Corps and our projects worldwide are available through our web site: www.internationalmedicalcorps.org