Company: IMS East Africa
Vacant Position: Credit Controller
Job function: To collect all outstanding debtors’ accounts in the allocated credit control area. Maximize collections and minimize the risk to IMS and its Clients. Manage debtors as per the Client SLA and Optimize cash flow and resolve queries within the time frame as set out by IMS and the Client SLA.
Key performance areas
• Collections of IMS Debtors and Client Debtors both local and export
– Send out customer statements on time.
– Proactively follows up to ensure receipt of statements by the customer.
– Resolve all disputed balances before invoice due date
– Creates a healthy working relationship and liaises with customers on account issues and problems and comes up with solutions to settle outstanding balances.
– Follow up on customers promise to pay and to ensure that the customers adheres to their commitment but within agreed terms.
• Payments allocation
– Allocate payments accurately as per the customers’ remittance advice within the set period determined by the Manager/Supervisor. Allocations are to be done as per the Credit Control SOP.
– All payments are to be allocated within 5 days from receipt.
• Reconciliation of Debtors accounts
– Analyze the debtors open line items to ensure that the outstanding debt is within the customers trading terms.
– Claims deducted must be processed in the correct Business area. Unpaid invoices together the POD must be sent to the customer for immediate attention and payment
• Process non stock debit and or credit notes (DA) on the day of receipt.
• Update CRM to the relevant Business and Finance managers, providing the info below to guide management in making an authorize or reject the order.
– Customers Credit limit
– Current Receivables – by ageing bucket
– Value of order and risk analysis thereafter
• Prepare the month end age summary by Division by Business area by Currency
• Monthly Debtors meeting
– Prepare full and comprehensive debtors report by customer, by line item with reasons as to why the debt is unpaid. Update and compare month end age analysis to current date age analysis
– Liaises with RSMs on customer account issues with a view to quick resolution of issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or related field or Qualified accountant – CPA Part 3
- Good IT and Excel skills
Skills and experience required
- Good verbal and written communication plus excellent telephonic skills.
- 3 years’ experience in credit control environment
- Negotiation and administrative skills.
- Initiative – To originate action beyond what is called for to achieve goals; self-starting
- Excellent organizational and time-management (planning and monitoring) skills
- Ability to work with other team members in achieving common goals
- Quality of Work – Meets the established standards for work performance
- Actively participate and reflect interest towards achieving the overall Company goals
- Customer Service – Understands and responds effectively to the needs of customers inside and outside the organization
Applications to: Seraphine.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 19th September 2019
Equity statement: We are committed to employment equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our employment equity goals.
Should you not have received a response within four weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application as unsuccessful.