Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Vacant Positions: Field Officers – Marketplace for Nutritious Foods (MNF) Project
Reporting To: Senior Field Officer
Start Date: 16th September, 2019
Duration: 1 Month
Deadline to Apply: 8th September, 2019
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to
global poverty problems.
IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture.
We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the Project: The evaluation of marketplace for Nutritious Foods (MNF) is aimed at measuring the ability of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to increase the availability, affordability, and convenience of nutritious foods in Kenyan markets that serve low income communities.
This evaluation will be conducted in collaboration with researchers from Michigan State University.
About the position: The Field Officer under the general supervision of the Senior Field Officer and within the limits of Innovations for Poverty Action-Kenya policies will implement survey field
activities and functions.
Below is a list of some of the general duties and responsibilities of the Field Officer, to be carried out as needed according to the determination of the Associate Field Manager and Research Associate.
The commitment sought for this position is a minimum of 1 month.
This position will be based in Nairobi.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with community members with the highest level of respect and understanding
- Administer survey using surveyCTO.
- Assist in organizing materials in readiness for field work and for data processing and organizing data collected from the field and ensuring safety of these materials always.
- Providing feedback during debriefs on data collection activities and survey instruments that will inform and monitor improvements in project operations.
- Ensure data integrity is maintained always and minimize errors in survey administration
- Other duties related to project implementation and administrative tasks as needed.
- Develop an excellent understanding of the surveys and proactively participate in trainings and field practice sessions
- The FO will successfully complete all tasks assigned by the MNF project management team.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree or college diploma
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
- Good interpersonal skills; specifically, good at interacting with respondents
- Ability to comfortably work within a team
- Experience in data collection through surveyCTO
- Flexibility in travelling and working within Nairobi informal settlements.
CLICK HERE to apply one
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Field Officer-Marketplace Project-Nairobi. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant at any recruitment stage.