Isiolo Transit Hotel
Job Category: Management
Work Type: Full Time
Salary: Very competitive
Job Description: You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of one of the leading hotels in Isiolo.
You will ensure that you achieve the very best in service and standards through effective people management whilst ensuring that both business targets and customer expectations are met at all times.
Ideally you will currently be working in the hotel industry in a similar position and looking for a new challenge.
You will have a hands-on approach, self-motivated and passionate about being the best.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for all hotel departments including: Food & Beverage, Front Office, Housekeeping, Accounts and Sales & Marketing;
- Ensuring smooth operations of the hotel and the restaurant/bar
- Promoting and marketing the hotel;
- Managing budgets and financial plans as well as controlling expenditure;
- Maintaining statistical and financial records;
- Analysing sales figures and devising marketing and revenue management strategies
- Training and monitoring staff;
- Planning work schedules for individuals and teams;
- Meeting and greeting customers;
- Dealing with customer complaints and comments;
- Addressing problems and troubleshooting;
- Ensuring events and conferences run smoothly;
- Supervising maintenance, supplies, renovations and furnishings;
- Dealing with contractors and suppliers;
- Ensuring security is effective;
- Carrying out inspections of property and services;
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management or equivalent from a recognized university
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a managerial position in the hotel industry
- Computer literate with working knowledge of MS Office applications and experience of using hotel software programmes
- A proven track record of achieving results
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong leadership qualities
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org