Job Title: Accountant – IT College
Gross Salary: 65k
Our client is a leading school of the creative Arts, encouraging, creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship through industry informed teaching and learning.
They seek to recruit a highly competent and proactive accountant to ensure accurate and timely invoicing, receipting and payment for and on behalf of the establishment.
S/He should ensure company compliance with accounting standards and practices.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information
- Process, invoice and reconcile Individual or corporate business
- File statutory returns on timely manner as per the norms of KRA. (VAT/PAYE/NSSF/NHIF/P9)
- Petty Cash Management.
- Payroll Management
- Receive and verify invoices & requisitions for goods and services
- Verify that transactions comply with financial procedures
- Ensure complete and accurate bank reconciliation for all cash books
- Prepare payment vouchers and process cheques
- Manage the weekly cheque signing process
- Prepare the creditors ageing summary
- Recording and maintaining the accounting transactions
- Debt collection
- Research and reconcile all discrepancies.
- Auditing and verifying documents.
- Following internal controls.
- Financial analysis on a requested basis
- Manage accounts payable
- Identify and provide strategic work solutions to improve the operational efficiency
- Assist in administrative functions of the office
- Degree in Accounting or Finance with.
- CPAK qualification.
- 3 – 4 years’ experience as an accountant in a busy environment.
- Experience with Navision is preferred
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Accountant – IT College) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 10th September 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted