Jacaranda Health Solutions Ltd
Job Title: Database Developer Intern
Reports To: Technology and Analytics Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, create, update, and maintain PostgreSQL databases.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Operate and optimizes pre-defined tools, applications and data bases/data management systems.
- Create reports and communicates results to various internal and/or external stakeholders (e.g. management, customers).
- Develop systems and processes to regularly maintain databases and conduct regular checks to ensure data integrity.
- Create queries that allow data to be extracted and to streamline the data retrieval process.
- Analyze overall content data trends to create and communicate actionable insights that help drive higher content quality.
- Build and automate business intelligence reports/tools to identify areas for improvement in content and data transfer.
- Build and automate business intelligence reports/tools to quickly identify changes in trends/key metrics, elevate issues, and identify areas for improvement.
- Write effective, scalable code.
- Maintain and update existing Python code.
- Develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance.
- Test and debug programs.
- Improve functionality of existing systems.
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions.
Education: Degree in Computer Science, ICT, or a relevant field.
- At least 1 year of experience in analytics focused on isolating data quality issues and maintaining data sets will be an added advantage.
- At least 1 year of experience in Excel, relational databases, database concepts, and database design will be an added advantage.
- At least 1 year of experience as a Python Developer will be an added advantage.
- Experience and skills in Postgres Database, SQL written commands and queries, and Python is an added advantage.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience communicating the results of analysis clearly in writing and verbally.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Data entry and other tasks as required.
- Strong in business intelligence/business analysis.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop useful automation tools for immediate team use and train others how to use them.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to provide regular status updates proactively.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a curiosity to investigate problems and solve them in cutting edge ways.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their application cover letters and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Database Developer Intern.
No hard copies required or accepted.
Deadline: October 4th 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.