KCA University is a dynamic private business University committed to quality service, student success and academic excellence.
The University seeks to recruit a competent, qualified and suitable candidate to fill the following position;
Job Purpose: Responsible for Information Systems Audit and Internal Controls.
- Conduct regular internal control assessments of the University’s Information Systems and ICT Infrastructure;
- Contribute to the development of the annual risk based audit plan and execute audit assignments as per the approved audit work plan;
- Perform audits of information systems controls including data integrity, backup and disaster recovery, data centre procedures, data communication and access controls, database administration and end user control;
- Conduct applications systems audits i.e. Microsoft Dynamics Navision and other business systems to determine the completeness and accuracy of transactions that have already been processed and the internal controls therein;
- Conduct follow up of reviews to ensure implementation of recommendations by the University Council, Audit Risk and Compliance Committee, and External Auditors;
- Assist in IT and other fraud investigations;
- Undertake consulting, investigations, governance and risk management assignments as necessary;
- Preparation of audit reports for effective communication and recommendations to management;
- Ensure quality assurance to all audit work assigned including working papers as per the standards as well as support the audit findings, recommendations and conclusions;
- Carry out other responsibilities as may be required by the Head of Internal Audit, Audit Committee or Management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Commerce, Business Information Technology or related area from a recognized university;
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA);
- Certified Public Accountant Part 2;
- Proficiency in the use of Computer Aided Audit Techniques;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Application (e.g. MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Proficiency in Auditing Principles and Techniques;
- Knowledge in Risk Management Principles and Techniques;
- At least four (4) years working experience of which at least 2 years should be in performing Information Systems Audits.
- Analytical skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound leadership and management skills
- Self-driven and able to work within tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV and three references
via email to email@example.com
by 13th September, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Director, Human Resources,
P.0. Box 56808-00200,