KCA University is a dynamic private business University committed to quality service, student success and academic excellence.
The University seeks to recruit a competent, qualified and suitable candidate to fill the following position;
Librarian – Kisumu Campus
Job Purpose: To select, organize and disseminate information for the purpose of learning, teaching and research at the Campus.
- Overseeing day to day running of the Campus Library activities including classification, circulation, shelving, issuing, lending and cataloguing books;
- Recommend the acquisition, processing and circulation of library materials;
- Plan and manage the library’s physical facilities, e-resources and human resources;
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulatory requirements;
- Prepare library budget and manage library resources accordingly;
- Plan and deliver client centred programs
- Liaise with University Librarian to implement current ICT resources in the library;
- Develop and administer library user education and manuals;
- Partner with other libraries & institutions to improve quality of services;
- Guide and direct the library’s collection and development to adequately support faculty programs;
- Implement library policies and procedures and promote security of library materials and equipment;
- Provide regular inventory reports and advise Campus management on the library’s status;
- Promote the professional development of library staff;
- Deliver client-centred programs & customer care services;
- Disseminate information on the use of library facilities, resources & equipment;
- Develop risk management framework for the department;
- Prepare and submit departmental reports as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Information / Library Science);
- Professional Membership of Kenya Library Association;
- 4 to 5 years relevant experience with a least 2 years’ experience at a supervisory level;
- Knowledge in Integrated Library Information Management system.
- Good people management skills;
- Results oriented;
- Ability to develop others through coaching;
- Report writing skills;
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV and three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6th September, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Director, Human Resources,
P.0. Box 56808-00200,