KCA University is a dynamic private business university committed to quality service and ethical practices.
KCA University seeks to recruit highly motivated and committed candidates to fill the positions below:
1. Tutorial Fellows – Faculty of Education and Arts
2. Tutorial Fellow – Criminology (1 position)
3. Tutorial Fellow – Economics (1 position)
4. Tutorial Fellow – Film & Performing Arts (1 position)
5. Tutorial Fellow – Journalism & Digital Media (1 position)
Job Objective: To facilitate learning in the University through teaching, administration and academic advisory work and ensure an outstanding student learning experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach and facilitate learning at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels through lecturers, seminars, workshops, tutorials and other learning situations as assigned by the HOD from time to time;
- Participate in the development, administration and marking of exams, assignments and continuous assessments tests;
- Assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance;
- Provide advice, guidance and feedback to students to support their academic progress and referring student to support services as appropriate;
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of high-quality curriculum;
- Participate in supervision and assisting of undergraduate and post graduate students in their research work;
- Carry out research and produce publications, as well as other research outputs, in line with personal objectives agreed in the Faculty Annual Assessment Review (FAAR)
- Participate in writing of research proposals and applying of research grants;
- Contribute and participate in the development in the departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department;
- Provide pastoral care to students through academic advising and counseling;
- Contribute to departmental, faculty and/or University wide working groups or committee as, when requested to do so;
- Undertake continuous professional development and participate in staff development and training activities to update and enhance skills;
- Maintain proper records of students’ examination, assignments and continuous assessments tests and ensure they are keyed in examination records management system in time;
- Attend departmental, Faculty and University–wide meetings with other staff members;
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in the following fields
- Criminology; Criminal Justice; Economics; Film; Performing / Creative Arts; Drama Studies; Journalism / Mass Media; Digital / Mass Communication
- Pursuing PhD in relevant field or equivalent Doctoral degree qualification will be an added advantage.
- Three (3) years teaching experience in a recognized university or similar relevant research/industry experience.
- Be registered or registerable with a relevant professional body.
- Proficiency in Curriculum Development and delivery.
- Knowledge of CUE requirements and experience in academic or industry settings.
- Publications in refereed journals in the relevant field will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in Blended Learning methodologies of curriculum delivery will be an added advantage.
Other Skills and Competencies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent research skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Good listener
- Time management skills and attention to detail
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter, a detailed CV, and three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than 6th September, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Director, Human Resources,
P.O Box 56808-00200,