KCB Group Limited
Regional Bancassurance Sales Manager, Coast Region
Role Purpose: Reporting to the Head of Insurance Sales and Business Development, the position will be the responsible for insurance business growth and profitability, designated portfolio of region. This position will involve the management of customer relationships to deliver products and services.
- To execute the sales and business development strategy at assigned Regions, develop and manage the business plans so a drive the achievement of set targets.
- Formulate plans to harness business opportunities at assigned regions and support in implementing these initiatives.
- Work closely with the Branch management team ensuring that the sales teams deliver on the unit’s financial and performance targets. Provide requisite support to Bancassurance teams whilst ensuring adherence to laid down processes, policies and procedures.
- Develop and rollout joint sales strategy and programs with the Bank to drive sales and leverage on existing customers.
- Act as an Insurance product sales specialist/point person to key/strategic customer relationships/ Branch teams and other stakeholders, actively provide market inputs for product development and advisory services.
- Ensure strong cross- selling of existing and new products to existing and new clients; and in this process, maintain effective liaison with all relevant business units.
- To Build and maintain productive and strategic relationships with customers/ stakeholders/business units to drive the development and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the portfolio.
- Champion the delivery of consistent, seamless and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
- Maintain a detailed and current understanding of the industry; (at a macro, sector specific, current market structures; regulatory requirements and issues) to ensure that that opportunities are realized and the risks mitigated.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of new business and/or renewal processes, premium payment arrangements and delivery of policy contracts to clients within agreed timelines.
- Track trends and competitor activity and collate data on market, perform customer needs analysis, trends, and competitive analysis.
- Ensure compliance to the Company’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical guidance and ensure continuous training of Bancassurance Sales teams within assigned regions.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in a Business related course
- AIIK Diploma or ACI Diploma (minimum of 4 Credits is preferred)
- At least 5 years’ working experience in a Marketing environment within the Insurance industry preferably within an Insurance intermediary or large Insurance company
- Proven sales track record within Banking, MFI, Insurance and related industries will be an added advantage.
- Good planning and organization skills with the ability to deliver effectively under strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Demonstrable relationship management skills, interpersonal skills, networking and negotiation skills, with the ability to convert business leads.
- Commercial outlook — desire to generate revenue in cooperation with other entities of KCB Group Limited. Entrepreneurial / desire to succeed.
- Have appreciation and operating knowledge of the regional financial services industry (especially operating dynamics of East Africa), market and global trends as well as challenges
- Sound understanding of statutory and regulatory requirements Insurance industry.
- Highest standards of personal conduct, professional performance and business ethics
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please CLICK HERE to log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 20th September 2019
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
KRA Pin Card
Birth Certificate of self
Passport Photo (White Background)
Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable