Kimisitu Sacco Society Limited is a National Savings & Credit Society with an asset base of over Kshs 6.0 Billion and a membership of over 7,200 drawn from Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Embassies, Missions, International Organizations and other Reputable Organizations in Kenya.
Our mission is to empower members economically by providing quality financial services through prudent mobilization of resources and excellent customer care.
We are seeking a suitable candidate to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Debt Recovery Assistant
Department: Credit Department
Terms: 1-year renewable contract
Position Reports to: Credit Officer
Closing date: October 13, 2019
Purpose of the Job: The incumbent is responsible for notifying members on their loans in arrears i.e watch and substandard, follow up and advising the members on loan repayment modes.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Analyse a list of members in arrears on monthly based on the number of missed instalments.
2. Communicate to members in arrears informing them of amount in arrears. Follow up through phone call and SMS’s.
3. Working with the members on agreed payment plan, send reminders before the agreed due dates
4. Ensure achievement of set targets for the recovery of debts;
5. Champion credit information sharing as may be required
6. Ensure the recovery exercise fully complies with the statutory regulations and guidelines;
7. Answer queries and offer advice to the members.
8. Refer cases for restructure to Credit Officer.
9. Prepare monthly reports:
- Collections received.
- All follow ups done.
- Commitment dates agreed on.
Necessary qualifications and skills
The job holder must possess:
- Minimum KSCE C plain
- Diploma in Co-operative Management, Business Administration or equivalent qualification.
- University Degree will be added advantage
Skills and desired qualities:
- Good communicator:
- Negotiation and Persistence:
- Hands on experience in using ERP software and Microsoft office packages
- Good analytical skills and interpersonal skills, must be a team player and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Must have minimum two years’ practical experience in Debt Recovery in a financial institution.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online by filling in the data form from the link;
The data form must be filled in full.
Incomplete forms will be disqualified. In addition, the applicants must send Application letter with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday October 13, 2019.
Clearly state the subject of the email as Debt Recovery Assistant.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kimisitu Sacco is an equal opportunity employer.