Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies (MEDS) is a faith based, not-for-profit organisation based in Nairobi, Kenya.
It is a registered Trust of the Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB) and Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK).
MEDS was started in 1986 with the core mandate of providing reliable, quality and affordable Health Products and Technologies, Quality Assurance and Health Advisory Services.
MEDS seeks to recruit a suitable self-driven, results oriented and visionary candidate with good professional and ethical standing to fill in following position:
Head of Quality Services
Reporting to Managing Director, position will be responsible for overseeing all operational and growth strategies of Quality Services Department.
- Formulate and implement the Department’s strategic initiatives
- Provide leadership on quality related matters and administer operations of Quality Services Department for effective and competitive business performance
- Develop, implement and maintain an appropriate quality management system for compliance with established standards as well as regulatory and statutory requirements
- Develop mechanisms for mitigate existing and emerging quality related risks and develop opportunities
- Cultivate and nature collaborative networks and partnerships with government and other stakeholders to facilitate service delivery
- Develop and nurture a dynamic and competent workforce for Quality Services Department through a robust performance driven culture
- Ensure efficient and effective performance management for achievement of operational and financial objectives
- Keep abreast with developments in quality assurance and control fields to inform business decisions and adoption of best practices
- Prepare departmental budgets for resource allocation and approve departmental expenditure for control and accountability
- Demonstrated leadership with a track record of achievements in pharmaceutical industry backed with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in quality services or in a relevant field 5 of which in executive management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Holder of Bachelor of Pharmacy degree. Masters degree in Business related field or pharmaceutical analysis is an added advantage
- Application with a detailed CV stating current position, current salary, email address and telephone contacts
- Names and contacts of three (3) Referees, (one of whom must be a professional who has supervised you at some point and one, a Senior Religious Leader)
- Copy of Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau
- Copy of National Identity Card
- Copy of Registration Certificate from Pharmacy and Poisons Board (Head of Quality Services position)
- Current Copy of Certificate of Good Conduct
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
The Managing Director
Mission For Essential Drugs and Supplies
P.O. Box 78040, 00507
By: Friday 11th October 2019
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.