The Nation Media Group has presence in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media.
We are seeking to recruit a Procurement Officer to add value to the operations of the group.
Job Ref: HR-PO-09-2019
The successful candidate will report to the Procurement Manager and will work with teams across the organization.
The key result areas for this position include:
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Effective and efficient sourcing of goods and services, both locally and internationally, as per laid down procedures;
- Managing supplier / customers relations;
- Monitoring market trends;
- Ensuring timely supply of quality goods and services that meet all specifications, company requirements and from approved suppliers;
- Analyzing and evaluating RFQ and RFP response documents, recommending the most competitive supplier (s) for engagement and adopting the appropriate purchasing model;
- Liaising with respective suppliers, clearing and forwarding agents, transporters and regulating authorities such as KRA, KEBS and KPA for timely and effective delivery of materials;
- Suppliers performance management through regular tripartite meetings with internal customers and evaluation through SAP MM system for optimal value;
- Attending internal customer meetings to better understand their requirements; and
- Contracting and contract management.
Knowledge skills and experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field;
- A Diploma Graduate in CIPS or equivalent professional certifications:
- At least 4 years work experience in a similar role in a reputable organization;
- Project management and analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills:
- High degree of integrity and honesty:
- Well conversant with contemporary procurement processes:
- Prior experience in handling IT hardware / software purchases and digital requirements important but not a must;
- Result driven and a team player; and
- Knowledge of SAP Materials Management module.
This position offers an excellent career growth opportunity, compensation and an attractive commission structure.
If you meet the above criteria, apply online at http://www.nationmedia.com/careers/ or upload your CV and application on Linkedln by 22 September 2019.
We shall only contact the shortlisted applicants.