One Acre Fund
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced graphic designer to work closely with our small design team in Nairobi to help support One Acre Fund’s growing design needs.
About One Acre Fund: Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
Job Description: We are seeking a dedicated and experienced graphic designer to help support One Acre Fund’s growing collateral needs. You will work closely with our small design team based in Nairobi.
As a graphic designer, you will produce high-quality materials for farmers across six countries, including marketing materials, product guides and accessible trainings. These materials form the foundation of our farmer outreach efforts, and directly support our efforts to improve farmers’ quality of life. You may also occasionally support on creative design for the organization brand and fundraising materials.
This position requires a strong understanding of the elements and principles of design, a clean and polished design aesthetic, a strict attention to detail, and strong project management and coordination skills. A successful candidate should also be capable of clear communication, self-motivation, and structured work planning. Previous experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and print design are a must.
Career Growth and Development: We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with at least 4 year(s) of substantive design experience and a passion for our mission.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong portfolio demonstrating creativity and a clean and polished design aesthetic
- Ability to follow brand standards in order to produce a seamless organizational look
- Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator; Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects, as well as adhere to tight deadlines
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills for stakeholder and project management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Familiarity with working on a Mac platform desired
- Knowledge of preparing files for print
- Availability to travel to Kakamega periodically and open to limited travel around other countries in East Africa
- Enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback
- Illustration skills and/or UI/UX design a plus but not required
- Language: English required; Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, Chichewa or Amharic are a plus
Preferred Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Duration: Full-time job.
Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates: No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
Application link: https://grnh.se/8491d72b1
Closing date: November 08, 2019
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.