One Acre Fund
Head of Kenya Expansion
Location: Kakamega, Kenya
In our mission to serve every farming community in Kenya, we’re seeking a results-driven professional to lead strategy and operational planning for rapid geographic and organisational growth.
One Acre Fund Kenya is our largest and fastest-growing country of operation.
Our vision for 2030 is to transform every farming community in Kenya through sustained food security and pathways to prosperity. The Head of Expansion leads the strategy and planning to grow our operations to new areas, and reach hundreds of thousands more farmers each year.
The Head of Expansion will join our Program Design team, and report to our Director of Program Design.
- Build 5-year strategy for expansion to new areas
- Drive from strategy to a concrete yearly plan for expansion activities
- Coordinate expansion decision-making and implementation across departments
- Lead major projects to increase our program performance in new expansion areas
- Conduct surveys and analysis to identify expansion opportunities
- Manage a small team of middle- to senior-level staff
- Oversee a field team leading operations in newer expansion areas
- Manage communication of key decisions and priorities across all teams, from senior leadership to field staff
Career Growth: We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You can shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for professionals with 6+ years of relevant work experience, and a passion for serving smallholder farmers.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- 3+ years of managing a successful team
- Project management: Design, plan and implement complex projects to success
- Growth mindset: Enthusiasm for learning, feedback and continuous improvement
- Results-oriented: You set goals and take ownership of driving towards them
- Cross-cultural fluency: You will collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Strong educational background; minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- A willingness to commit to living in a rural area for at least two years
- English required; Kiswahili strongly preferred
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: This role is based in Kakamega. You may work up to 35% from another location of your choice.
Compensation: Consistent with experience
Duration: Full-time job
Benefits: Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates: No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
Application link: https://grnh.se/514be3e71
Closing date: December 23, 2019
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.