One Acre Fund
Rwanda Innovations and Research Lead
Location: Rubengera, Rwanda
We are seeking a creative and innovative thinker with a go-getter attitude that is passionate about designing and trialing early stage ideas based on solid research.
About One Acre Fund: Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly.
We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
Job Description: Our goal is to increase the impact for the hundreds of thousands of farmers we serve across Rwanda by encouraging them to purchase impactful products and training them on better agricultural techniques. Our vision is to see a visible impact in the homes of every Rwandan farmer by 2030. Join our team and help us work towards this vision.
We are seeking a creative and innovative thinker with a go-getter attitude that is passionate about designing and trialing early-stage ideas based on solid research. Drive significant innovation in Field Operations and permanently solve difficult problems.
Your role is all about identifying and implementing improvements to the status quo – not just through minor tweaks to strategy, but through cross-cutting re-conceptualizations of how we operate and deliver impact to farmers. The Vision for the FOPs Innovation and Research Team (IR) is to be the one-stop-shop for qualitative research support and designing innovative solutions to reach our 5-year strategy goals.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Management of Field Trial Unit and trial design
- Design and oversee the execution of interventions with the potential to solve major and complex strategic problems for the organization. Design interventions to solve one problem at a time: Generate ideas for interventions and facilitate the decision for the biggest bet to solve this problem. Design 1-2 small scale rapid field tests per season to provide best-practices on small nudges and tweaks within the program for the upcoming season to optimize staff behavior and adoption.
Management of Strategy Research Unit and optimization
- Supporting Research Strategy Lead in optimizing processes for Impact and Research Managers and Quantitative Research Team. It is the goal of this role to ensure the increase in the scope of both teams over time and to incorporate further research methodologies and tech support.
- Collaborate with Strategy Leads to create a shared strategy research pipeline and collaboratively set criteria to evaluate and prioritize projects.
- Projects owned by you: You will only take on strategy research projects that will deliver outcomes to achieve country and department OKRs. 2019’s focus will be on 2 key strategic results; research collaboration on non-adopters and pre-commercial farming.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptionally creative and innovative thinker with at least 2+ years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Creative and innovative thinker with a go-getter attitude.
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional with 2+ years of work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience, e.g. starting a field program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business.
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance. Master’s degree desirable.
- High level of critical thinking abilities
- Demonstrated track-record of qualitative research work. Experience with design thinking and Design Methods desirable.
- High level of detail orientation and self-organization. You should be a proactive problem solver and a strong communicator. This portfolio is a high priority for the organization and, as such, demands a high level of excellence in execution
- Humility and personal stability. We have a fantastic and likable team. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service
- Experience with personnel management and passion for professional development and capacity building of your team.
Preferred Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Job Location: Rubengera, Rwanda
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Duration: Full-time job.
Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates: Yes; country nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application link: https://grnh.se/2d63bf3e1
Closing date: December 23, 2019
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.