PAC (Pan Africa Christian) University is a Chartered Private University seeking to fill the position outlined below from suitable candidates.
Applicants must be born again Christians and active members of a local Church.
Job Title: ICT Manager
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the incumbent will provide support to the department in the formulation and implementation of PAC University’s ICT Strategy, development of information technology and Communication systems, and management of ICT Security.
- Education: an earned Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information security or related field;
- BSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT Security or related field;
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in a busy computer systems security environment, three (3) of which must have been in a senior management level;
- Experience working in a University context or in maintaining a 500+ node site will be an added advantage;
- Professional Certifications: MCSE, CCNP, CERT, CISA, CISM, or any other relevant certifications;
- Experience of working on full life cycle implementations across multiple versions of Navision;
- Demonstrate experience in the management, control and support of ICT services and a track record in developing ICT solutions;
- Have Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills;
- Possess strong negotiation, facilitation and influencing skills competence in administrative, financial and academic leadership in an academic/research context;
- Understand and adhere to PAC University Statement of Faith.
Key Responsibilities for the ICT Manager
- Development and implementation of ICT Objectives, strategies and operational plans in relation to PAC University Strategic Plan;
- Development of service delivery strategies and design ICT Solutions;
- Development and Implementation of a service policy and with appropriate performance indicators;
- Re-assess and re-define the organization-wide standards in hardware, software, ERP and other ICT services;
- Provide technical, functional and organizational guidance and support to projects;
- Monitor and coordinate the implementation and adherence to ICT policies, procedures and standards;
- Plan and direct the implementation and operation of the common ICT Infrastructure;
- Guide the assessment of PAC University challenges in relation to the new technologies;
- Supervise all staff in the ICT Department; Advise on ICT staff recruitment and develop the capacity of ICT staff;
- Preparation and management of the annual ICT budget;
- Advise the management on effective and strategic use of ICT and related cost reduction opportunities;
- Prepare ad hoc, quarterly and annual reports on all ICT activities and projects.
Please visit our website www.pacuniversity.ac.ke
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above position, kindly send your application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae to The Vice Chancellor, Pan Africa Christian University, on email to firstname.lastname@example.org; not later than Friday, 20th September, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Pan Africa Christian University is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.