Pact Inc. mission is to build empowered communities, effective governments and responsible organizations that give people an opportunity for a better life.
We do this by strengthening the capacity of organizations and institutions to be good service providers, represent their stakeholders, network with others for learning and knowledge sharing, and advocate for social, economic and environmental justice.
Interdependence, responsible stewardship, inclusion of vulnerable groups, and respect for local ownership and knowledge are core values across all our programs.
Job Purpose: Pact’s Kenya office seeks to hire a Grants Accountant Intern to be based in the Nairobi Office to provide an opportunity to put into practice the knowledge they have acquired in college.
This position reports to the Senior Grants Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure orderly archiving of grant files.
- Review grant files to identify missing documents
- Raise Cash requests for grantees
- Prepare liquidations reports
- Conduct financial reviews of grantees
- Review completeness of Grantees Support Documents
- Other duties as requested by the supervisor
- Final Year Bachelor’s degree in accounting, commerce or any other related field
- CPA Part I will an added advantage
- Integrity, commitment to learning, reliable, team player
- Self-driven and bale to deliver results with minimum supervision
- Maintain transparency, accountability and integrity
- Respect for people of all cultures
- Good command in English
- Computer literate
How to Apply:
Interested applicants fulfilling the minimum requirements are invited to send their application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Intern” on the subject line.
Deadline for applications: 4th October 2019
Pact is an equal opportunities employer.