Job Title: Lecturer – Pastry Chef
Reports to: Principal
Our client is a culinary institute based in Thika who seek to hire a Lecturer who will be tasked with planning and delivery of pastry and baking units to its students.
- Develop creative instructional methods to engage students in learning process.
- Develop instruction materials and handouts for students.
- Develop daily lesson plans and instructional plans to meet course competencies.
- Teach pastry classes according to course curriculum.
- Provide personal and professional guidance to students when needed.
- Prepare course assignments, tests, projects to improve student’s academic performance.
- Maintain students’ attendance and grade records and report the same to the Principal.
- Evaluate each student’s academic performance and provide feedback appropriately.
- Attend trainings and workshops for professional and skill development.
- Attend staff meetings and communicate budget needs to management.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Hospitality Management from a recognized institution.
- Diploma in Pastry and Baking/Food Production/ Culinary Arts or a related field of study.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience as a pastry chef trainer
- Experience in a four/five star hotel will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good organization and planning skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the task and possess the necessary qualifications, kindly send your CV and other academic credentials, quoting the email subject (Pastry Chef Lecturer) to email@example.com on or before Friday 4th October 2019.