The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB) – General Secretariat is the national administrative, facilitative and coordinative arm through which KCCB undertakes all responsibilities which express the KCCB mission in Kenya.
KCCB is the prime recipient of the grant entitled Kenya AIDS Response Program (KARP) awarded by US Centers’ for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) under the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
KCCB-KARP is seeking a qualified candidates for the following position;
Regional VMMC QA Officers
Job Ref: KCCB-KARP/092019/01
Job Purpose: To provide mentorship and support in provision of VMMC services in KCCB-KARP supported facilities.
Reports to: Senior Clinical Program officer (primarily) but indirectly to TA VMMC.
Duty station: Rangala Health Centre (Siaya County) or Mirogi Health Centre (Homabay County).
Responsible for: VMMC staff in the region of jurisdiction.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma / Degree in Clinical Medicine or Nursing
- Registered by relevant registration council
- Trained and certified in all VMMC areas- dorsal slit, EIMC and device.
- Proven experience in supporting VMMC services in Western Kenya
- Good communication and computer skills
- Ability to plan and work under minimal supervision
- Results oriented, innovative, strategic critical thinker and ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Will work closely with the HIV prevention services technical advisor and the regional senior program clinical officers to oversee the implementation of VMMC program in KARP supported sites
- Dissemination of QA job aids and SOPS for sites offering both VMMC
- Ensure that VMMC data integrity is observed at all times in KARP supported facilities
- Coordinate and participate in VMMC mobilization and RRI activities.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the team of mobilizers
- In collaboration with the mobilizers, conduct mapping of the area of operation to ensure that program mobilization resources are efficiently allocated and utilized.
- In collaboration with the mobilizers, prepare monthly demand creation budgets and quarterly mobilization work plans.
- Ensure follow-ups on agreed mobilization activities/strategies are conducted and that mobilization monthly measurable indicators are strictly met including correct client ages for circumcision.
- Monitor adverse events, investigate and report AEs appropriately
- Participate in data quality audits, joint supervision, and/or mentoring with MoH, KARP and implementing partners to ensure high quality service provision
- Continuously supervises and monitors VMMC program quality assurance and control activities at the facility level to ensure compliance to MoH standards.
- Tracking identification and linkage for HTS positives screened at VMMC in liaison with facility HTS team.
- Oversee timely preparation, review and transmission of VMMC regional progress reports to the HIV prevention services technical advisor.
- Provide mentoring, OJT and capacity building at the facility level in specific areas of expertise in VMMC quality assurance
- Work closely with HIV prevention services technical advisor to document successes, best practices, lessons learned and challenges in implementation of VMMC in KARP supported facilities
- Monitor the follow up of poor performing VMMC sites
- Identify and implement appropriate facility and community based strategies to address VMMC service delivery gaps
- Any other duty assigned by the Supervisor.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, please email your application letter and detailed current Curriculum Vitae only with three referees (preferably most current employers) to the below address on or before 22nd September 2019.
For the hand-delivered applications, the subject should be clearly marked on the envelope.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Do not attach copies of certificates.
Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops
OR apply via http://careers.karp.or.ke
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted