Job Vacancy: Research Scientist
Programs / Projects: This Research Scientist position will be primarily responsible for monitoring & evaluation (M&E) of the Afya Bora Consortium Fellowship in Global Health Leadership.
The position will focus on the implementation, assessment and evaluation of the Afya Bora Fellowship Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities include (50% of time)
- Develop and conduct pre-, mid- and post-learning assessments and tools for Fellows, instructors and site mentors
- Develop and maintain learning assessment data collection system using RedCap database
- Generate biannual reports on learning assessment data and present reports to the Afya Bora Working Group
- Participate and conduct on-site monitoring & evaluation for the orientation and didactic training modules in Botswana, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Cameroon
- Maintain contact with Afya Bora Fellows and site mentors during the fellowship through monitoring of journal entries and follow up with Fellows regarding individual concerns
- Conduct interviews with former Fellows and Attachment Sites to understand the Afya Bora Fellowship’s impact on health systems
- Develop abstracts and posters based on the Afya Bora Fellowship M&E data and evaluation model
- Present abstracts and posters at domestic and international scientific conferences
- Draft manuscripts based on the Afya Bora Fellowship data and evaluation model
- Contribute to M&E technical proposals for future funding applications
- Set up Canvas website pages and maintain several online courses for Afya Bora Fellows
- Any other projects/duties as assigned by the ABC Program Manager, Director, and M&E Lead
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, or a related field OR equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in public health
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills
- Experience working on Monitoring & Evaluation activities
- Early morning/late evening meetings to accommodate different time zones
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online and then email your current CV, copies of certificates and testimonials to afyaboraGH@gmail.com not later than September 13, 2019.
Please note that the appointment is on a one-year contract term renewable on mutual agreement and availability of funds.