Vacant Positions: Restaurant Supervisors
Locations: Nairobi and Bungoma
No. of Positions: 2
Nature of Job: Full time
Salary: 35K – 50K
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of the Restaurant
- Supervising the floor during meal periods to ensure that all standards and steps of service are met through all client interactions
- Ensuring that checklists, requisitions and proper opening and closing functions are being completed each shift
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the staff
- Observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary
- Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as the day’s events and menu changes
- Communicate with clients and employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role model for the staff and other restaurant employees
- Ensure basic standard operating procedures for all outlets are in place and are in compliance restaurant’s practices
- Ensuring that all steps of services as outlined in SOPs are being followed on a daily basis
- Interact positively with customers promoting restaurant facilities and services
- Resolve problems to the satisfaction of the involved parties
- Move throughout the facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met. Verify temperatures, judge appearance and taste of products and check preparation methods to determine quality. Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency.
- Utilize computer to accurately charge customers, create forecast and revenue reports and write correspondence. Input and retrieve data.
- Ensure that all standards and restaurant cash handling procedures are met.
- Maintain cleanliness of all areas in the restaurant on a daily basis.
- Supervise weekly, monthly and quarterly cleaning schedules
- Solicit feedback from clients concerning the service and food & beverage offerings
- Coordinate daily beverage inventory and monthly china/glass/silver/linen consumables inventory
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum Diploma in food production and service or Hospitality Management
- Three or more years of experience as a supervisor in the service or food and beverage industry
- Thorough knowledge of Food & Beverage restaurant operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques and guest interaction.
- Considerable skill in math and algebraic equations using percentages.
- Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to communicate in English and Kiswahili, both orally and in writing, with clients and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
- Ability to accomplish necessary tasks on a computer.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above principles apply with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your skills, qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.