Save the Children
We are currently recruiting for a Business Intelligence Developer to join our IT Hub in Nairobi.
You will be joining an organization that is currently mid-way through an ambitious transformation to ensure that our IT is fit for the future and delivers the intelligence the business needs.
We are revamping or replacing all of our key systems and applications, from best in-class IT systems (Oracle HRIS, SAP Ariba) to in-house NGO-specific systems for Awards and Program management, as well as introducing a state-of-the-art, cloud-based integration platform.
The environment in which we operate also offers unique challenges from a technical point of view: will our solutions operate effectively worldwide, even in a refugee camp?
Are we designing the systems to protect our beneficiaries’ personal data with the utmost care?
Are we designing a cost effective solution, bearing in mind that each dollar has been donated to us and we are accountable for how we spend the donations?
Are we making sure that the precious data we collect from the field becomes a source of understanding and better decisions?
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Experience of working with SQL Server databases, including creating & modifying T-SQL scripts, stored procedures, functions, triggers, writing ad-hoc queries and dynamic SQL
- Experience of working closely with non-technical staff, demonstrating an ability to translate and negotiate non-technical requirements into a detailed technical specification
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with a proven ability to explain complex technical ideas and problems clearly to non-experts
- Experience of delivering solutions internationally
- Keen to learn new technologies, especially in BI
It is desirable if you have:
- Experience of working with Microsoft’s BI technology stack SSIS, SSRS and/or SSAS (tabular and multidimensional models)
- Experience working with BI presentation tools (e.g. Excel, Power Pivot, Power View and Power BI)
- Experience working with BI reporting in SharePoint
- Experience of working within an agile project delivery environment and with offshore project team members
- Experience working with JIRA
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Save the Children in a federated Membership based organization employing approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in 117 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection.
We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the rights of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach your CV and cover letter with your application and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
CLICK HERE for a detailed job description
Date advertised: 18 Sep 2019
Closing date: 7 Oct 2019 – 01:59 EAT
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Department: Information Technology
Type: Fixed-term contract
CLICK HERE to apply online