Save the Children
Head of Software Development
Does the challenge of leading a team of around 17 in-house and 3rd party developers to help deliver a multi-year transformation program that is going to reshape IT within Save the Children in order to accomplish our ambitious objectives interest you?
We are revamping or replacing all of our key systems and applications, with best in-class IT systems (Oracle HRIS, SAP Ariba) and in-house built NGO-specific systems for Awards and Program management, as well as introducing a state-of-the-art, cloud-based integration platform.
The environment in which we operate also offers unique challenges from a technical point of view: will our solutions operate effectively worldwide, even in a refugee camp?
Are we designing the systems to protect our beneficiaries’ personal data with the utmost care? Are we designing a cost effective solution, bearing in mind that each dollar has been donated to us and we are accountable for how we spend the donations?
Are we making sure that the precious data we collect from the field becomes a source of understanding and better decisions?
We are looking for Head of Software Development who can bring strong leadership skills and the ability to build, motivate and inspire a team of in-house and 3rd party developers based in London, Kenya and offshore.
You will also be/bring:
- Familiar with a broad mix of technologies including a strong focus on: HTML5, CSS, React or AngularJS, MS SQL, MS Sharepoint and C# (EF6/MVC)
- Experience/knowledge of configuration management / change management and the tools to support collaborative and efficient code development
- A solid understanding of development and QA processe
- An understanding of software design patterns and OO principles
- A clear understanding of web services, SOA, APIs and microservices
- An understanding of application lifecycle management, the value of TDD and continuous integration
- Experience in designing, developing and supporting PaaS applications on Azure
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Save the Children in a federated Membership based organization employing approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in 117 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the rights of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach your CV and cover letter with your application and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
CLICK HERE for a detailed job description
Date advertised: 15 Sep 2019
Closing date: 4 Oct 2019 – 01:59 EAT
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Department: Information Technology
CLICK HERE to apply online