Kitengela International School – KISC School
Athi River Job Vacancies
We are a leading group of schools offering both British Curriculum and the Kenyan System of education with branches in various counties.
Due to our growth prospects and our strategic plan, we seek to fill the following key vacant position with a high caliber, self- motivated; result oriented and experienced professional to join our ecosystem and new branch in Athi River.
School Matron / Cateress
Responsible for health and sanitation, catering & boarding and ensuring the welfare of the students is well maintained according to the KISC Schools’ standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee food preparation ensuring good quality & tasty meals at all times that all well planned.
- To ensure that there is a clean and pleasant environment in the School throughout which involves line managing and directing cleaners both inside and outside the school.
- Plan and prepare the menu making certain that a balance diet is provided, in liaison with the Head of Kitchen and Head of School.
- Be a major source of awareness of student’s behavior and be ready to alert the Administration regarding areas of concern.
- Keep constant communication with the Head of School about students’ affairs.
- Maintain close liaison with the Dispensary at all times concerning students medical provision.
- Organize and attend to catering services for KISC Schools’ various events
- Monitor the students’ daily routines (including punctuality, meal attendance, diet etc), and work with the boarding mistress/master to help pupils meet expected school.
- Ensure students are smart when leaving the dormitories.
- Assess illnesses and injuries and to refer to the Nurse all medical matters.
- Report and follow up unsatisfactory levels of repair either inside or outside the dormitories
- To be responsible for the care of dormitories facilities, equipment and laundry
Requirements & Qualifications
- Diploma or certificate in Housekeeping and or counselling.
- A Degree in Catering and Institutional Management from a recognized institution an added advantage.
- Computer Literate
- Experience working with students / teenagers will be a definite advantage.
- Must be available to reside in school, work in a busy day/ night schedules, spend the nights at school all through during school term
- Friendly and loving, sensitive and responsive for the needs of dynamic student population.
- Patient, flexible and open minded with excellent communication and listening skills.
- Discreet and adhere to confidentiality.
- Ready to learn and a great team player
How to Apply
All successful candidates must be less than 45 years old.
All teachers must be registered with Teacher Service Commission (TSC).
Interested applicants should log on www.kisc.sc.ke for details on qualifications, duties and responsibilities.
Send your application letter and CV to email@example.com not later than 15th October, 2019.
Only those shortlisted shall be contacted.
You are encouraged to attach your application letter and CV in PDF format to protect formatting.
KISC is an equal opportunity employer.