Windle International – Kenya (WIK)
Position Title: Secondary School Teachers
Job Ref: 19/19
Contract term: Full-time, September-December, 2019 contract with possibility for extension
Windle International – Kenya (WIK), a member of Windle International, is a humanitarian education organization providing education to refugees and needy Kenyans.
WIK was founded in 1977 with the belief that good education was essential if Africa was to meet the challenges it faced.
We are working with communities in Dadaab, Fafi, Wajir South, Turkana West, Turkana North, Dadaab Refugee Camp and Kakuma Refugee Camp on education projects.
WIK wishes to recruit for the position of Secondary School Teachers for the Secondary Education Programme to be based in Kakuma Refugee Camp.
- Mathematics & Chemistry · English & Literature
- Biology & Chemistry · Kiswahili & History
- History & CRE · Kiswahili & CRE
- Teach one set of subject combination advertised
- Develop teaching aids for effective learning
- Ensure implementation of the prescribed secondary education curriculum
- Conduct continuous assessment tests and terminal exams
- Responsible for the proper management of classroom resources
- Develop students’ interests in co-curricular activities
- Cultivate parent / teacher relationships
- A degree in Education
- 3 years’ experience teaching in a secondary school
- Registered with the Teachers Service Commission
- Mastery of office software (MS Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Proven performance as a secondary school teacher with outstanding results
- Able and willing to live, work, travel in fast-paced and insecure environment adhering to strict security guidelines.
- Be of good moral standing with no record of disciplinary action
- Have strong commitment and self-driven
- Have strong interpersonal skills and endurance
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your resumé with a covering letter quoting reference number 19/19 to:
OR Human Resource Department, Windle International – Kenya, P O Box 40521-00100 Nairobi
on or before Friday 13th September 2019.
All application documents MUST be submitted as one continuous document in either PDF or Ms. Word format and this document clearly bear the applicant’s names and a copy of National ID.
WIK is an equal opportunity employer.
We work in schools and are committed to safeguard children from abuse.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.