Job Vacancy: Senior Actuarial Consultant (IFRS 17)
Our Client is expanding its IFRS 17 team, and we are offering a role for a technical accountant who has insurance accounting experience and a desire to assist a range of clients across Africa to implement and then report under IFRS 17.
The candidate will report directly to the Associate Director who heads up the IFRS 17 implementation team.
- IFRS 17 related:
- Develop, under the guidance of the Associate Director, a thorough understanding of IFRS 17, from an actuarial, finance and IT requirement perspective
- Lead IFRS 17 implementation projects for life insurers mainly across Africa, including conducting gap analyses, providing training (to staff, boards and other bodies as needed)
- Assist to build / enhance QED’s IFRS 17 tools or client-specific tools (including actuarial projection software)
- Implement externally purchased IFRS 17 software for clients
- Achieve key performance indicators
- Ensure quality control procedures are adhered to
- Interact and communicate with clients when needed
- Assist with tenders
Non-IFRS 17 related:
- Assist QED’s life insurance teams to complete client engagements where capacity allows.
- Minimum of 5 years’ valuation experience in life insurance
- Experience with experience analyses, analysis of surplus, EV’s, ORSA’s, SAM, reserving, and with-profit products
- Some exposure to IFRS 17 would be an advantage.
- Strong actuarial technical skills
- Good progress with exams with only 1 or 2 remaining, if not already qualified
- Good communication skills
- Strong work ethic and highly motivated
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new technical skills especially relating to IFRS 17
- Ability to work to a deadline, giving regular feedback on progress
- Willingness to travel to non-South African based clients from time to time
Qualified and interested applicants to send their application and detailed CV, indicating current and expected remuneration to email@example.com, explicitly indicating the position in the email subject line, by 29 September 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.