Job Vacancy: Accountant
Who we are: Soko’s mission is to transform ethical fashion from a niche player in the global fashion industry to a meaningful and competitive sourcing and purchasing option for global brands and individual consumers alike.
Soko’s unique model is doing just this by pioneering what we like to call Ethical Fast Fashion – providing close to the real-time trend responsive product that is both prices sensitive and socially and ethically handcrafted by marginalized creatives living and working in the developing world.
Our modern, fashion-forward products, handmade from ethically sourced and upcycled materials, have become a favorite of more than 300 international retailers ranging from Nordstrom, The Reformation, Amazon, QVC and Anthropologie, and endorsed for social impact by the United Nations, USAID, and the World Bank.
Our supply chain innovations have enabled us to match marginalized developing world artisan production with real-time global demand for Soko’s designs
Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable
- Manages collection activities such as sending follow-up inquiries and ensuring we are not exceeding our AR days
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions
- Generate dynamic metrics to show the collections and recovery performance
- Regulate and monitor past due accounts using Accounting software foraging tools and reports
- Efficiently apply cash, reconcile differences, and prepare documentation for Credit or Debit Memos necessary to balance customer accounts
- Advocate enhancements and process improvements based on an assessment of the current collections system.
- Provision of doubtful debts
- Negotiating with past due accounts.
- Keeping track of cash receipts
- Ensures accurate receivable records and verifies outstanding account balances.
- Create financial reports relating to account receivable function and status of accounts.
- Liaise in communication for Collaboration projects’ logistical aspects and invoicing
- Audits methods and procedures of accounts receivable function to improve efficiency.
- Manage all payable activities from onboarding a supplier to monthly statement reconciliations.
- Managing all employees expensify reports ensuring they are booked in the correct accounting period and reimbursed in a timely manner.
- Generate aging and other vendor reports as required. Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Manage record keeping of Soko Inc financial information.
- Reconciliation of Inventory
- Credit card payments (M, W, F)
- Handling daily cash transactions and keeping petty cash float. Writing and depositing cheques
- Handling bank transactions e.g. wires, transfers etc.
- Participate in the end month inventory count.
- Undertake banking duties and collecting funds for the organization.
- Support in the handling all Insurance matters as relates to the office.
- Own billing processes.
- Aggregate financial data based on quarterly sales reports and sales projections
- Assist in filing of Income taxes with US HR.
- Bank and Cash Reconciliations (incl. PayPal & Stripe) and all company credit cards
- Maintenance of an up to date asset register clearly capturing depreciation costs
- Manage provision for warranty
- Amortization of Prepayments and Booking of Accruals
- Inter-company reconciliation
- Support the senior accountant in the review of preliminary financial statement (BS, PL, CF) for accuracy and completion.
- Support in gathering data necessary for US Audit
- Documented process flows and created procedure manuals for operational functions performed
- Assist in the preparation of management reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Assist in any other activities as may rise from time to time.
- Active participation on process Improvement Initiatives
- Support training of processes related to the business with other team members.
- Comply with Internal policies and international accounting standards.
- Comply with business Key Performance Indicators.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or Equivalent
- At least 2 year working experience in an accounting role
- Proficiency with Excel (Advanced User)
- Proficiency with Accounting software’s (Preferably Oracle and QuickBooks)
- Age should be 27yrs and above.
How to Apply
Email your CV to email@example.com by Thursday 19th September 2019.