Our client, an interior fit-outs construction company based in Nairobi with projects country wide is seeking to engage a hands-on and well experienced person as Site Supervisor.
Salary: 45,000 to 50,000 Kshs
Overall Job Purpose: Responsible for planning, directing, managing, coordinating, and budgeting for site activities involving the company’s construction projects while ensuring timeliness and quality within budgets
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates all aspects of a construction project to ensure that work in the Site in accordance with plans.
- Ensure that all work is progressing on schedule and within budget.
- Plan and control the use of resources on Site and ensure all necessary resources are availed
- Monitor use of Labour, skill and quantity required
- Arrange for Statutory Inspections and approvals on time
- Formally follow up on all issues raised on site
- Get approvals for all instructions which will have cost or design impacts on the site, according to guidelines
- Monitor activities of other Contractors and sub-contractors on Site and ensure the timing of such works fit into the original Works programme
- Review deliverables prepared by team
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Resolve and/or escalate to management all issues that have an impact on project deliverables
- Approve team members’ time and expense reports in a conscientious and timely manner.
- Review the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Motivate team to work together in the most efficient manner and mitigates team conflict and communication problems
- Manager day-to-day client interaction and communicate effectively with to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Assuring that the work is performed as required by the contract and meets or exceeds the required qualities.
- Diploma in Construction Management/Civil Engineering or a related field of study
- 3-5 years of site supervision / project management experience with a proven track record in running projects
- Thorough product knowledge of building materials
- A thorough technical understanding of building construction methods
- MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel and Power-point) with excellent command of oral and written English and Kiswahili
- Arch card and Computer-aided design (CAD) software skills
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should send their CVs and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position they are applying for on the email subject not later than the 10th September 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Career Management is an equal opportunity and does not discriminate the applicants on any basis.