The Office of Research and Program at Kenyatta National Hospital in collaboration with the University of Washington is seeking to fill the following position.
Position: Administrative Assistant
Location: Kenyatta National Hospital
Reporting to: Study Administrator and Principal Investigator
Roles and Responsibilities.
- Prepare payroll for the project staff, follow through the payment and submit statutory deductions to relevant bodies.
- Implement financial and administrative policies as established by KNH and Various donor partners
- Follow Payment vouchers and other accounting documents through KNH finance department to ensure they are paid in time are properly described, filed and stored safely.
- Ensures that petty cash is available and its management is according to the set guidelines and cash counts are done from time to time.
- Maintain a well updated asset register for all the project and ensure all assets are properly labeled and recorded in the asset register.
- Prepare and maintain records of correspondence with institutional review boards, ethical review committees, donors and collaborators.
- Coordinate and make arrangements for venues for meetings and training sessions.
- Coordinating and reporting progress of the study administrative activities.
- Maintain personnel files i.e. CVs, appointment letters, contracts, leave records etc.
- Ensuring staff paychecks are processed on time, as well as preparation and payment of locum salaries and benefits.
- Procuring of office, lab and clinic supplies.
- Keeping supplier records and maintaining the supply reorder levels.
- Other duties as they may be assigned by the administrator.
- Applicant should be a holder of Diploma in project management/ Business management or a related field.
- At least 1 Year experience in administration position
- Must be proficient in the use of Ms excel
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
Applications must include the following:
- CLICK HERE to complete the online application form
- Complete CV with 2 referees indicating their telephone contacts and e-mail contacts
- MUST attach all the relevant certificates and testimonials
If qualified for the above post, please send your CV to the email email@example.com by Close of Business 5th September 2019