The Nature Conservancy
Protecting nature, Preserving life
Job Title: Information Technology Technician
Your Position with TNC
The Information Technology Technician assists in the maintenance, tracking, troubleshooting and purchasing of information technology systems for The Nature Conservancy.
This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
This position is regional supporting all countries where TNC has operations including Gabon, Tanzania, Zambia, Kenya, South Africa,Seychelles and Botswana.
The Information Technology Technician assists in the maintenance, tracking, trouble shooting, and purchasing of information technology systems (including PC and LAN equipment) for Nature Conservancy offices. He/she will monitor, optimize performance and provide disaster recovery service for the information systems in the office and assist staff on troubleshooting software and hardware problems including network issues. Acts as a point of communication between IT and primary operating business units and external vendors and perform local operations functions as appropriate in accordance with TNC and IT standards, policies and procedures.
- 2 years of work experience troubleshooting computer and network systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in computer networks and systems maintenance.
- A+, Linux+ or Cisco Certified Network Associate accreditation advantageous.
- Experience supporting MS Office software, Windows and Macintosh environment.
- Experience manipulating, analyzing and interpreting data.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Demonstrated work experience providing excellent customer service.
- Experience working with GIS tools will be an added advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Expert use of remote desktop and collaboration tools
To apply and full job description please visit http://careers.nature.org and search for Job Id 48036.
Submit CV and cover letter separately using the upload buttons online.
All applications must be submitted in the system prior to end of day 20th October 2019.